[4.1.0.23][4.0.1.48]Keyboard not showing up when I add contact from call history

REPRODUCIBILITY 90%
BUILD ID = 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE: Xperia XA2
UI LANGUAGE: Italian
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

Keyboard not showing up when I add contact from call history

PRECONDITIONS:

none

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. go to call history and select a number not in address book yet
  2. choose add as new contact
  3. the form opened, but Keyboard not appears

EXPECTED RESULT:

Keyboard opened

ACTUAL RESULT:

Keyboard not opened

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

bug appearing in different frequency and different conditions from sailfishos 3 versions, please solve this bug forever!

Alessandro

3 Likes

Not the same but similar to Keyboard does not show up in the Phone app's Contacts tab
I can’t say I can reproduce, output from journalctl would be useful to see what is crashing. I tried using OKBoard and native SFOS keyboard.

1 Like

This works on the next OS update.

2 Likes

confirm - have same bug

Confirm I have the same bug on xperia xa2.

My work around is to start the message app. Type something, change the keyboard language (hold space bar) from A (NL) to B (ENG) and backwards. After this the keyboards works again in the contact app. It ensures you don’t need to reboot.

1 Like

Not been able to use the keyboard in the contacts for a while now on Koli and XA2. Changing the language as suggested above doesn’t work for me. There is also a poor signal lately. I might come back to my old BBR Z10. At least I was able to call and manage my numbers there.

In the contacts-app, same thing here when wanting to use the search function, no keyboard appears. I can only find contact by scrolling. Very few times it does work, surprisingly.

BB10 is going dark at the end of 2021, so doing basic stuff like making calls on your z10 will be about the only thing you will be able to do :disappointed:. The app store (Blackberry World) is going offline and if your phone is associated with a Blackberry ID then you will no longer be able to re-boot it if it goes wrong because the Blackberry servers the phone uses to ‘call home’ to check the BBID will no longer exist. If you intend to keep using your BB10 phone its best to reflash using the latest autoloader (BB10 OS image) without setting a BBID. It is sadly the end of the end of a long decline for BB10…

Hi Steve,
I have got the latest image but with the BBID set up. The store seems to work on Playbook but I haven’t been able to install anything from the BB World for some time now. I use only basic stuff such as calls, txt, email which is a bit difficult because I’m getting rid of gmail. I’ll follow your advice and flash it once more. Thanks!

This bug has also appeared with the update to 4.1.0.23.

4.1.0.24 - seems its work now