Keyboard does not show up in the Phone app's Contacts tab

REPRODUCIBILITY: 42%
BUILD ID = 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE: XA2
UI LANGUAGE: Hungarian
REGRESSION: Yes

DESCRIPTION:

In the phone app after a certain amount of usage (varies) the keyboard does not shown in the Contacts tab. It is very annoying since I used this feature a lot and had no issue with it in the previous releases.
No other apps showing the same behaviour, furthermore the People app (which has the very similar contacts list) works OK.

PRECONDITIONS:

N/A

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

I do not know exact circumstances triggering this issue, it happends randomly, after restarting the lipstick it works again for a period of time.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The keyboard should be visible after placing the cursor to the search field.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

2 Likes

the same on my Jolla C

1 Like

Same for me. Sony Xperia 10 Dual SIM. 4.0.1.48 (Koli)

UPD: I found that the keyboard isn’t shown when I start in the Phone app and than go to Contacts tab or try to add new Contact from the list of calls.

2 Likes

I found that the keyboard isn’t shown when I start in the Phone app and than go to Contacts tab or try to add new Contact from the list of calls.

Okay, but does it happen always in your case? In my case it does not, and I cannot figure out what circumstances triggering the disappearing of the keyboard.

Not always, actually. Now it’s ok after reboot. I’ll try to figure out the conditions.

The Same here. No keyboard in the Phone app and in the contacts tab.

Hardware: XA2 Dual SIM, UI language: German
Build: 4.0.1.48

Reboot fixed the problem temporary.

FYI: in the Settings -> Other tools -> Restart home screen fixes it and it might be faster option.