[4.0.1] Ideas for polishing / evolving Sailfish 4

Could be a nice UX polish:
The possibility to hide the overlay prompt for selecting WLAN. Maybe add a cog-wheel icon to change this in the overlay like the one in top menu?

Rationale:

• networks are set to auto connect by default or can be configured this way
  • probably the connection used most for many is the home WLAN
    • -> no need for the selection screen to be shown
  • when wanting to connect to a new yet unknown network, we can select that option from the long press menue on the WLAN switch
6 Likes

However: I do wonder if posts in this thread could not in part be made into feature requests instead [with a suffix maybe ?]. or have I misunderstood the OP’s intention?

Personally I have a hard time to keep track of all the ideas and suggestions happening in these kind of topics (see release notes, papercut topic and the like). I’d say tracking a series of feature request topics in that category is easier than posts in a single thread - also for Jolla personnel

3 Likes

@rozgwi Whatever suits the purpose. It’s a first stage of ideas, a loose collection, which may manifest into more concrete plans or even direct improvements (if picked up by the devs). I guess the best ideas will iterate into their own threads by themselves one or another way.

2 Likes

A full native extended set of Emojis in jolla keyboard would be great!!!

4 Likes

3 additions to the idea of @spark regarding the QR code feature:

1. If there are several QR codes in the camera viewfinder, the app should visually mark every successfully recognized code. Users should then be able to tap on the desired code to get the respective result.

2. Users should be able to also process QR codes contained in already taken pictures. So the Gallery app should be extended accordingly too.

3. Sailfish OS should be able of reading other types of 1D (bar code) and 2D (matrix code) codes too, not just QR codes.

4 Likes

Ability to block emoji keyboards, which I will never use, and display of all animated emojis would be high one my list

1 Like

Since 4.0, the notification one gets when activating an alarm in the Clock app is not in the top row anymore, but it is barely visible in the middle of the screen mixed with other alarms displayed in the same color.

2 Likes

Group SMS would be nice too…

6 Likes

The ability to pin important / frequently used documents in the Documents app could add some more shine to SFOS, too

4 Likes

Rebuild UI Themer against the current version.

1 Like

But Sailfish OS doesn’t even have animated emoji? :)

1 Like

there is no current version. F. deleted everything.

1 Like

No RPM available anymore?

Please add number block in landscape mode,
and please make the blue area above the buttons smaller or as small as possible. This blue zone takes unneccesary much area from the screen.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are talking about (colors are ambience-dependent), but I guess it might be the area where the word suggestions are. Maybe you are using a version or language without dictionary completion?

Colour is blue, its a brand new updated SFOS 4.0.1.48 on a Sony X10 single SIM.
Yes, it’s the area where the word suggestions should appear, but they don’t.
I will reinstall the system. There are more things that do not work properly on this phone. I think something went wrong while updating.
My other SFOS phone, a Sony X10 Dual SIM, works fine.

But on both, there are no word suggestions and I can’t find the setup menu to switch them on!

Word prediction is part of the paid license, have you bought the lisence and installed it from the Jolla Store or are you using the free version?

I have paid version and before the update it worked.

1. Remove Covers from apps. Just show the preview of the current state of the app.
  2. Add Quickdialer for favourite contacts as pictures to the topmenu.
3 Likes

Logos only on the Android apps would be nice.