[4.0.1.45] Whatsapp does not get contact information from Microsoft Exchange account (Xperia X)

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often):
100 %
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product):
4.0.1.45 (Koli)
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…):
Sony Xperia X
UI LANGUAGE:
Finnish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):
Yes

DESCRIPTION:

After updating Sailfish to 4.0.1, WhatsApp can no longer access any contact information that is stored only on my Exchange account. Contacts that are stored locally can be accessed.

PRECONDITIONS:

Sailfish version 4.0.1.45 with and Exchange account configures and WhatsApp installed.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Update Sailfish to 4.0.1.45
  2. Configure an Exchange account with contacts stored on server. Set contacts to be synchronized with phone. Check from Sailfish People app that contacts get properly synchronized.
  3. Install WhatApp and configure it.
  4. Check WhatsApp’s contacts to see that any contact information stored on server is no longer available.

EXPECTED RESULT:

All contact information that can be seen in People app should also be seen in WhatsApp.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Any contact information that is stored on remote server is not available in WhatsApp.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

This problem might also affect other android apps and other remotely stored contacts.

Also possibly related to this issue:
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/4-0-1-45-whatsapp-does-not-get-accounts-from-nextcloud-carddav-xperia-x/4624

Whatsapp is getting the contact information from an Exchange account on Xperia 10.
However, Xperia 10 supports a more recent Android version (9) than Xperia X does (4.4.4). Android App Support of Xperia X has not been touched for a long time. This may be the explanation.

I have the same problem here, Xperia X F5121, SFOS 4.2. The Whatsapp do read SOME of my contacts, but others, especialy those last created, are not readed. One workaround that worked for me is: Create a new contact in another phone (I have one Windows Mobile here), and share that contact by bluetooth to SFOS. Than it will be recognized by SFOS. Perhaps it is a problem with permissions?