[4.0.1.45] Launching QML-only app fails, other app is focused

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 90+%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.45
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Xperia 10
UI LANGUAGE: Swedish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

Launching app fails, other app is focused.

PRECONDITIONS:

Have other apps open.
Edit: needs to be noarch qml-only?
Maybe have not opened affected app since last boot.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open SWeatherRadar
  2. App does not open
  3. Other app is focused

EXPECTED RESULT:

App opens

ACTUAL RESULT:

Other app is focused/maximized

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

feb 07 13:52:31 Xperia10-DualSIM lipstick[5309]: invoker: Invoking execution: '/usr/bin/sailfish-qml harbour-sweatherradar'
feb 07 13:52:32 Xperia10-DualSIM invoker[6965]: WARNING: An inactive plugin is misbehaving - tried to show a window!
feb 07 13:52:32 Xperia10-DualSIM invoker[6965]: WARNING: requestActivate() called for  QQuickView(0x171b218)  which has Qt::WindowDoesNotAcceptFocus set.
feb 07 13:52:32 Xperia10-DualSIM ur-splay[18858]: [D] onVisibleChanged:17 - viz true

It is entirely possible (even likely) that i messed something up in SWeatherRadar, but another app getting focused is what makes me report this.

Launching the app without other apps open works.

2 Likes

Now i just had the reverse thing happen. SPlay launched SWeatherRadar, and it wasn’t even at the first position in the multitasking view. What is going on?

I cannot say what is causing the problem on your phone. However, on my X10/4.0.1.45, SWeatherRadar opens up in less than one second. So there should not be any epidemic around.

I played around a bit more with it this morning, and to me it seems it happens with any combination of two noarch apps.
The first out of SWeatherRadar/S’Play/S’'Play launches pretty fast, but any second app out of those will not launch and display this behaviour.
Haven’t had time to check for other people’s noarch-apps, due to work.

Are any of the official Jolla apps noarch?

Additional info: this is just about as fresh of an install as it gets.

Edit: same with “Cargo” which is PyOtherside.

I can reproduce the issue on my XA2 too. Sure, that has a lot more cruft on it, but still.

This is our bug description:

DESCRIPTION:

Having one sailfish-qml app open and trying to launch another focuses the previously started application

PRECONDITIONS:

Install 2 QML only apps, for example S’Play and SWeatherRadar

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open first application
  2. Push it to homescreen
  3. Open second application

EXPECTED RESULT:

Second application starts and gets focus

ACTUAL RESULT:

Second application does not start. Instead, the first application started gets the focus.

3 Likes

@attah: thanks for reporting, a good catch.

1 Like

@attah: Try with 4.0.1.48.

Yes, it works now. :slight_smile: Thanks!

I wasn’t aware of the S’Play app previously. It turned out to be a cool one. A good way for me to practise my ear for Swedish (so many Skåne people!) and listen to the news from Sverige.

1 Like

Glad you like it! It was one of my Devember 2018 projects (together with Tint). Basically made out of pure selfish necessity, as the official app had started breaking with Android 4.4, and i use it every day. Fortunately SR has a pretty easy open API, while not entirely well-structured.