HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Xperia XA2
UI LANGUAGE: Dutch
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

Birthdays (from contacts) don’t show up anymore in Calendar and eventview

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open contacts, scroll to dates, birthdays, for ex. today 7-2-2021
  2. In calender app birthdays have color orange, its highlighted so it must work.
  3. In calender no birthdays show up and also not in eventsview…

EXPECTED RESULT:

Birthday show up in calender the whole day.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Nothing pops up in the calender or eventview

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I tried once to change the birthday of 1 contact and change it back to actual birthday, saved it. Then it showed up. But when i close the calender app, it dissapears again…

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Thanks for the post; we have filed a bug report for this.

@Thefriendlyfiend: Have you synced your accounts after the OS update was completed?
Please try now. Did it help to bring the birthdays back to the calendar.

• We have not been able to reproduce this problem.

I cannot confirm this problem. However, I only have local contacts - no syncing, only manually coying vcf/icf data between devices

Hi Jovirkku,

Thanks for replying. No, i didn’t synced after the OS update, because i only have local contacts. I make a backup for every update, and i flashed my phone during the last update (because of some problems). So the contacts come straight from the backup (with all the data included like birthdays)

Strange behaviour is that when i modify a contacts birthday-date to, let’s say 6 tot 7 december and then set it back to 6 and save, the birthday is shown in calendar and feed. But when I close the calender it immediatly removes the birthday from calendar.

I tried adding a new fake contact with a fake birthday and, voilá, its still there :slight_smile:

Is there an ‘easy’ solution or do I have to remove all the contacts and manually add each one of them to the people app?

i can see birzhdays of my contacts in evenzs… all are synced with nextcoud

I have the same problem. My accounts are synced via CardDAV. When I add a new contact I can see the birthday but not for the existing ones.

I have the same issue:

• Brand new XA2 flash
  • Lifted+shifted contacts from Xx -> no birthdays
  • Deleted all contacts, copied them via vcf (Sailfish share option) -> no birthdays
  • Edited a random contact card, didn’t change anything, swiped right-to-left to save -> that particular one appeared and persisted after closing/opening Calendar

All my contacts are local, I do have a Nextcloud account which sync’s contacts from the device, but it does a very bad job at it, as it syncs only a few (this is a separate issue that concerns me very little so I’ve never bothered to investigate).

I can’t see much in the journal - is there anything else I could do to debug/help? I would be interested in a way to mimic the open+save method for every contact from the CLI, if brute force is the ultimate solution to this.