[3.4.0.24] USB OTG still crashes the device

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Xperia 10 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: DE
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No. Bug exists since first Firmware for Xperia 10 Plus

DESCRIPTION:

Unplugging a USB OTG device crashes the System. It freezes and reboots shortly thereafter.
The USB OTG itself is working fine. Unmounting the device is fine. Only the unplugging kills the device. It’s no problem with the hardware since flasing android back resolves the problem. The bug was reported in the old Forum: [BUG]Xperia 10 crash bug with USB OTG

PRECONDITIONS:

Have an Xperia 10 or Xperia 10 Plus with any Version of SailfishOS.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Use USB OTG.
  2. Unplug the USB device after use.

EXPECTED RESULT:

The device is shown as disconnected in for example dmesg.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The device freezes and reboots after a moment.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

3 Likes

Crash on OTGdisconnect and USB-C-Adapter-Disconnect with usb-keyboard or HDMI Monitor plugged in.
Can confirm this behavior described on Xperia10 / Sallfish OS 3.4.0.24 Pallas-Yllästuntur in 100%i.

1 Like

Same here I sometimes use the Dell TB16 usb-c / tb dock at work to charge the battery. Everytime I disconnect it crashes the phone. Sometimes after this disconnect caused reboot I have a problem with the sound in all apps and phone calls not being routed correctly. So no sound until I do a manual restart of the phone.

Just testet USB-OTG with Sailfishos 4.0.1.45 (EA). Still no change. The device crashes and reboots as soon as the USB-device is removed from the Xperia 10 Plus.