[3.4.0.22] XA2 phone calls no audio

Had this problem on my XA2 for at least one year. I could reboot (once was enough for me) or I could restart adsprpcd (with qCommand it took me a couple of seconds). This happened at least once a month on my phone.

However, had to revert to Android with Emma and then reflash latest 4.4 version of SFOS about two months ago. This looks like it has cured it for me. Hope it helps others too!

P.S. This time I’ve flashed over Android 9. Previously, I’ve flashed over Android 8. Using the recommended firmware both times.

I still get this every now and then on my XA2 Ultra, but the qCommand workaroung has always fixed it so far.

Sorry, meant still getting on latest version - 4.5.0.19

I noticed that rebooting disabling android support at boot helps. Perhaps a race conditions on hw between Jolla native apps and android apps

Thanks gfwp for the workaround! No amount reboots would help me but disabling android
support at boot and rebooting the device restored audio during phone calls.

I have had my Xperia XA2 Ultra with 4.5.0.21 (Struven ketju) in this state for weeks now.
I could make Whatsapp calls and listen to music with the Sailfish Media player but had
no audio at all (microphone, earpiece, speaker and bluetooth headset would not work)
during phone calls.

Having lost audio during phone calls rendered my Sailfish XA2 phone all but useless
for weeks and even with this workaround the phone seems unreliable.

1 Like

What I observed was that the phone with heavy use of Android Apps hit this problem much, much more often than those with light use of Android Apss. And

was my friend… Reliable and fast.

1 Like

To me this is a make-or-break bug:
My wife called me in emergency and I couldn’t hear her.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you were put in such a difficult situation @smokku.

Just for completeness, could you please share your device type and Sailfish OS version.

1 Like

Sony Xperia 10 III
Sailfish OS 4.5.0.24

Sorry to hear that @smokku. I also missed yet another call yesterday (due to no audio) causing a lot of anxiety at both end of the line!

I have now disabled android support altogether and only enable it to read my WhatsApp or Email (K-9 Mail) messages… and then reboot the device afterwards to increase my chances of receiving phone calls (Start Android App Support on bootup is disabled).

This is by far the worst problem I currently have with Xperia XA2 Ultra running Sailfish OS 4.5.0.24, besides the phone insisting on 2G mobile data regardless of Prefer 4G, Bluetooth dropping audio in the car after every track, android apps sometimes not having mobile data, Jolla Mail not able to sync emails, web Browser being old/slow/unstable… anything else I can live with but I really need ability to make and receive phone calls.

I’m also still having this issue, mostly an annoyance but I have missed important phone calls because of it. It’s been this way for several updates now (currently on 4.5.0.24), seems a huge shame that such a fundamental issue (a phone being unable to make phone calls) hasn’t been resolved after all this time.

It also happened to me few times since my last post here (XA2 4.5.0.24).
The other end had an Iphone. (Not sure that the brand changes something though)
What brand were your contacts calling with?

I had just a similar experience, unfortunately. XA2, 4.5.0 but this isn’t a recent regression.