Youtube plays no video on XA2

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.18
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): I never used anything older than 4.0 with this device

DESCRIPTION:

When I try to play any video on youtube I can see the preview static picture but the actual video just stays black, no sound and spins forever. On Vimeo just nothing happens, preview picture stays there

I tried with both
media.webm.enabled
and disabled but no difference

You tube works for me. XA2 4.0.1.48

Works for me as well, and I use it quite often - have you tried using privacy mode? have you tried after a fresh reboot? another thing that could kick in a fresh profile is creating a new user in your phone and trying from there temporarily to assess whether it’s a problem in defaultuser’s home.

Please let us know how you access YouTube. Are you logged in in some sort of account? What did you say on the consent pages? Do you keep your cookies and browser history?

XA2, 4.0.1.48, FF and default browser, no account, minimal.consent, fresh history and uBlock origin plus Privacy Badger with FF works fine.

A lot of clicking when using YouTube for the first time after the browser starts is required, though.

Thanks for the hint with the reboot, checked two videos afterwards and they both worked. Sorry for the noise :blush: