Xperia XA2 Ultra - Both front cameras; possible or not?

Hi, Sailors.

I recently bought XA2 Ultra, and it’s looking pretty good so far. One of its few perks is the fact that it has two front cameras; a 16mp 1/2.6" sensor with OIS and autofocus, and a wide-angle fixed focus 8mp sensor.
When I take pictures or videos with the front-facing camera, it seems that only its 8mp sensor is being used. Is there a way to use a bigger camera sensor with OIS?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong category and thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi, I guess it’s still not possible, but you can try advanced cam. There is the new option with camera 0 or 1 to choose from. But for me it doesn’t work somehow, I’m not sure if it is my phone or in general still not ready.

1 Like

I hope it will be possible in the future, but I’m aware that it’s not on top of anyone’s priority right now.
Yeah, too I can’t change it in the Advanced camera app. I can enable/disable 1 or 0, but that’s it. Also, for some reason, when I switch to the back camera, it doesn’t work. It doesn’t display the image on the screen.

1 Like

Yep same problem here others have this too …came with the last update.
The normal cam app doesn’t have this problem

1 Like

Cool. Thanks for the info.
So, if I install a previous version of the app, I’d be able to use it normally again. I might just try that until a new update fixes the inconvenience.

Oh sorry I meant the last OS update… I guess the app version won’t help much, but give it a try.

1 Like

Oh, I see…well, in that case, I’ll just wait for another update. It should be here soon anyway. Thanks