Xperia XA2 plus No wifi after rollback to android

I reinstalled android on my Xperia XA2 Plus since i was about to give it away but after reinstaling android wifi doesn’t work.
I haven’t tried a sim-card yet so i don’t know if that works.
I used the instructions for installing android from Reinstalling Sailfish OS
I even tried to flash android one more time and also firmware but it didn’t help.
What do i need to do to get wifi working in android?

I don’t think the XA2 is affected, but for completeness: some Android phones refuse to turn on WiFi until they know where in the world they are - and get that information from a cellular connection.

1 Like

I tried today with a sim card and internet worked with sim card but still no luck with wifi.
When i run the guide to setup wifi it doesn’t find any networks.

Isn’t there some button combination that force reboots the device? To me that looks like it just needs a good ol’ cold boot (or removing the battery for a while, if only) in order to get going, since it worked before.

Have you checked out this resource? https://droidconfig.com/sony-xperia-xa2-plus-not-connecting-to-wifi/

That appears to be a generic search result spam article that is automatically generated with every phone model name. There is nothing substantial at all there, let alone anything specific to the XA2.
If i didn’t recognize you as a longtime user, i’d have reported your post as spam - because this is exactly the type of content that they usually post.

1 Like

+1
Exactly what I thought after reading his message and following the embedded link.

Maybe @aspergerguy’s account has been taken over. :wink:

1 Like

I had a bit more time now to look into the problem and i turns out that i didn’t read the footnotes of the instructions.

This Android 9 version appears to sometimes get an invalid WiFi MAC which prevents the phone from using WiFi networks (in the Android mode).
In such a case, first flash an Android 8 version, boot up, and then flash Android 9. Note that even if there was no WiFi on Android 9, after installing Sailfish, WiFi works again.

I had to reinstall sailfish os then use sony xperia flash tool (emma) and press view all so i can see and install android 8.
Then boot android 8 and check that wifi works before i can use emma again to install android 9.