Xperia Tama port: 4.2.0.21 release

Now question is whether this touchscreen issue is imposed by SFOS or AOSP10 layer. If you could find AOSP10 based ROM and test that we would know a bit more.

I don’t have such issue on my XZ2c nor XZ2. So, for me it is not reproducible, unfortunately.

might have been a calibration issue, will investigate when it happens again. could you please add gnu-coreutils to your next image? for waydroid, the service assumes /usr/bin/waydroid, so with adding symlinks for service and binary or changing path you can systemctl enable…
question: (how) will this work on armv7hl?
edit: expanded rootfs with system_a to host waydroid files, because home is mounted after waydroid container service. then you can open ui from desktop icon without other commands.

Re gnu-coreutils: No, we tend to keep ports close to upstream in this respect. There are exceptions, caused by way better implementation (encryption) or replacement of proprietary bits (fingerprint), but, in general, it is kept closer to upstream. But it is easy to install those yourself if you wish.

Re waydroid: I guess it will sort itself out when packaged properly. As for armv7hl - no idea.

Re expanding using system_a: yes, you have that freedom. Also you can use system_b if you wish. As for home later mounting - if you make wayland unit depend on late-mount-post.target you could use /home as well.

As it is stated here: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/180
there seem to be different touchscreen models, mine is TD4353jdi, family 0x30, firmware 0x05.02 and it makes the device unusable from time to time

You are right, there are different panels in use. Best way would be to check with AOSP10 based Android ROM and, if still having issues with it, report it upstream at https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/ .

For me, XZ2c is synaptics_tcm_touch and XZ2 has “TD4353jdi, family 0x20, fw rev 0x05.02, extra 0x02”. For others, to check out yours, reboot phone (as otherwise first messages are long gone from the buffer) and

dmesg | grep input:

For clearpad, you will get

input: clearpad as /devices/virtual/input/inputX

For synaptics, you get synaptics_tcm_touch. Clearpad can be investigated further by

dmesg | grep clearpad | grep family | grep result:

There are multiple input devices on the phone, one of them is the panel.

My wild guess about the ghost touch is that devices that have been opened might not be glued so well to the frame. I have one open here and I can just lift the screen a little bit and it will go mad and as soon as I push it against the frame with the remaining glue it will work ok for a minute.
I will change the display as it is of bad quality (replaced by previous owner) and report back.
Another topic of interest is the mobile network loss. I changed the supporting frame 1310-1912 and I can confirm it fixed the issue for my phone. It sure needs some testing for the next weeks or so. The phone had no network anymore before the change of frame and rebooted while getting hot. With the new frame, the phone stayed on VOLTE the whole night and the battery stayed at the approximate same level. I sure will report back here if it really is fixed.
For those interested, it is doable, just be sure to order the adhesives needed (display, battery…)
Update 3 days later: The network loss reappears as soon as the phone’s display gets back with adhesive on the outer frame. At this point I am at a loss.

1 Like

Anybody here tried this yet - https://github.com/casualsnek/waydroid_script ? I’m downloading packages now…

Folks, it would make sense to open separate Waydroid thread and not get corresponding info get lost here.

Maybe @lal or someone else can write down a post with description of what works and what doesn’t at this stage, so all users would get a decent overview of the state.

6 Likes

Yes, good idea to collect everything Waydroid together. That should help everyone and more ideas!

Looks like there is already a thread about this in General section. Will move the discussions there. WayDroid on SFOS?

3 Likes

Oh, with low power mode enabled double tap to wake works

2 Likes

Can you explain what you have enabled exactly?

devel-su
pkcon install mce-tools
mcetool --set-low-power-mode=enabled
mcetool --set-ps-on-demand=disabled
mcetool --set-blank-from-lpm-on-timeout=35
mcetool --set-lpmui-triggering=from-pocket,hover-over

2 Likes

Flashed Sailfish 4.2 to my XZ3. There is still glitches on screen and sometimes whole display freezes, so i have to reboot my phone.

cat governor shows: bw_vbif
cat cur_freq shows: 1144
are these correct values?

If I manually change those values to the following :

echo performance > governor
echo 1720 > min_freq

There is no more screen glitches, but battery consumption is increasing significantly.

1 Like

I presume you talk about governors and frequencies of /sys/class/devfreq/soc:qcom,gpubw/. Performance, to my understanding, would just use max frequency. I have bw_vbif and frequency would depend on the state as specified in /etc/zgovernor.ini. You can, in principle, try to bump frequency in compositor window shown state to 1720. That way you would still lower the frequency with the screen off.

PS: Cannot test on XZ3, so all my tests are done with XZ2 XZ2c

Thanks for reply. Yes talking about governors and frequencies of /sys/class/devfreq/soc:qcom,gpubw/.
I have changed frequency to 1720 with this command: echo 1720 > min_freq, but if i ask current frequency after that it shows still 1144??

Check if zgovernor is running. It is changing that frequency

With what command I check this? :slight_smile:

It is a service (https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-tama/zgovernor), so it runs via systemd. As I mentioned above, it may make more sense to adjust zgovernor config. Just remember to restart zgovernor after changing it.

I would suggest to change https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-tama/droid-config-sony-tama-pie/blob/hybris-10/sparse/etc/zgovernor.ini#L17 line and set to the desired frequency

This might not be the best thread to ask… but …

I got a xz2c, the unsupported Japanese version, but successfully managed to flash SFOS after modifying the flashing script a little. Everything seems to be working fine except… is there any way to get Japanese text input? living in Japan, that is kinda essential…

(I flashed back to android for the time being, since I currently do not have that much time to experiment around with my only working device/daily driver. But I would like to return to SFOS soon, after making sure there’s a way to input Japanese text, as well as use line via waydroid? I assume nobody has any experience with the latter?)

https://openrepos.net/content/karry/japanese-keyboard-anthy-aarch64

This maybe???