Xperia 10 V support? Is SFOS to be continued at all?

Although really interested in building myself (not only because there is no such build yet), this may be the only way making sense at the moment, especially because there is no Android 14 building instructions yet. :frowning:

I tried it yesterday and it says there is a makefile or maekconfig missing for sony xqcd54. I don’t remember the exact wording. But i waited for hours that the 50GB source code downloads and then it didn’t find that file so i gave up

uhm…which file is that exactly?

I’m not at home right now. I will check probably on Monday

this is the error message with the command:

HABUILD_SDK [xqcd54] [sebastian@sebastian-bladestealth13rz090327 hadk]$ lunch aosp_$DEVICE-user
17:19:36 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
In file included from build/make/core/config.mk:353:
In file included from build/make/core/envsetup.mk:354:
build/make/core/product_config.mk:228: error: Can not locate config makefile for product "aosp_xqcd54".

What about Xperia 10 VI? It is oddly cheaper right now.

1 Like

We’re waiting for images for XPERIA 10 IV/V and it takes a lot of months. You can ask in two years about this device with mark VI :wink:

1 Like

Mmm, but those are already supported right?

And 10 VI is nearly identical hardware.

Probably years from now.

Only in that table so far. No releases and no release dates given.

Not really. Different chipset (Qualcomm SM6450 Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 vs. Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695), different GPU (Adreno 710 vs. 619), different camera, and more.

7 Likes

No real news on the availability of Sailfish images on the mark v devices in the community meeting today if I understood currently

Sadly

1 Like

Indeed, one question today was given that “Xperia IV/V update is a month old, anything new ?” No answer was given …

Sony might continue with the Xperia 10 V support, but support emphasis may shift slowly to newer devices like Xperia VI …

Thanks, I know the 10 VI chipset is different, and some other components. But on some Sony forum, the claim was that these two, 10 V and VI, were very very close from a support perspective.

Still, the concerning part is that the 10 V shows up as supported, but it is not supported in reality and the device has been phased out by Sony already!

I was trying to get one from a regular bricks & mortar shop, but it’s really hard. It’s weird a device is going to become supported when it is already gone from the shelves.

2 Likes

Maybe you should try another ‘regular bricks & mortar shop’, because there is no major shortage in Europe, at least not online.

5 Likes

If the chipset, radio (cellular, BT, WiFi, etc), memory size, camera, etc. are different, then what else remains to make them “nearly identical”?

Wasn’t it rather about the 10 IV and V, which share the same chipset, memory size, radio et al, and the only difference is the camera? I bet it was about 10 IV / V, not 10 VI / V.

Yeah, unfortunately, it is so. First it was said to come out in June or July, then (already a month ago) it was said to come out promptly with disabled camera, so that when Sony fix an issue in their binaries a quick update enabling camera would be released, but still nothing.

I work at an IT company and I know a lot of delayed projects :slight_smile: I hope we will get testing images soon (I mean this month). A delay of a week is no problem but more than a month from the last announcement.

Yes, I’m on from a lot of forum’s user that purchased a smartphone. it will be not used. I did it a month ago because this device has no availability.

1 Like

Maybe we can see some movement soon,
there is a new SDK Target and Sony also updated their software binaries for Android 13 on august 21. Unfortunately nothing new there for Android 14 yet.

2 Likes

Sometimes different hardware shares the same driver blobs. I guess this was what those people were referring to. But maybe you are right, and I misread this and it referred to IV and V.

There have been three releases of Android 13 binaries for Murray and Zambezi in July and August (two of them in the last 3 weeks), whereas the only Android 14 release was in early June, almost 3 months ago. So it doesn’t look like top priority for Sony.

@rainemak Do you think it might be useful to write emails to appropriate Sony department that we want to see more timely cooperation with Jolla?

4 Likes

According to what @rainemak said, Jolla intended to use the existing Android 14 binaries (which have been available since early June, i.e. for almost 3 months), just with temporarily disabled camera service. Then when at one point new fixed Android 14 binaries come out, they said they’d release an update to re-enable the camera. So it doesn’t look like it is Sony to blame for the continued delays, because it’s not lack of Sony binaries what still prevents Jolla from releasing the promised initial 10 IV / V support.

1 Like