Xperia 10 V support? Is SFOS to be continued at all?

Indeed I would prefer that too, but on the other hand my old phone is giving up pretty much right now and I don’t mind to mess with a few bugs/reports in the meantime.

2 Likes

Please do read paragraphs until their end and follow links, such as (in this case) «according to Jolla’s post “Sailfish Community News, 1st August 2024”».

Sorry, indeed missed that reference.

Same here. A xperia 10 V is waiting to get a live outside prison …

@rainemak said that

Unfortunately, he didn’t say sooner than what :wink:

2 Likes

Sooner than later?
…and more chars.

4 Likes

After trying to get through these build instructions I am still sort of unsure how to proceed.
At first this is an Android 13 build and in the xperia-1-iv-5-iv-and-10-iv-support topic it’s been said they switched to 14 for good.

Next thing is, I find the HADK instructions not very clear for one who ist not really in that matter yet and I still need to read some it seems, how to get what (like from AOSP) to really build.
Don’t get me wrong here, neither compiling nor kernel building is a new topic for me, but hell, that’s hell a lot of stuff to get through.

Yet the target platforms seem to be rather old as well (from May) and I am not even sure yet if that really makes a difference in this regard.

Oh well…

2 Likes

As soon as there is an official build for it will be easier to install Sailfish OS - until then you have to fiddle around.

Although really interested in building myself (not only because there is no such build yet), this may be the only way making sense at the moment, especially because there is no Android 14 building instructions yet. :frowning:

I tried it yesterday and it says there is a makefile or maekconfig missing for sony xqcd54. I don’t remember the exact wording. But i waited for hours that the 50GB source code downloads and then it didn’t find that file so i gave up

uhm…which file is that exactly?

I’m not at home right now. I will check probably on Monday

this is the error message with the command:

HABUILD_SDK [xqcd54] [sebastian@sebastian-bladestealth13rz090327 hadk]$ lunch aosp_$DEVICE-user
17:19:36 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
In file included from build/make/core/config.mk:353:
In file included from build/make/core/envsetup.mk:354:
build/make/core/product_config.mk:228: error: Can not locate config makefile for product "aosp_xqcd54".

What about Xperia 10 VI? It is oddly cheaper right now.

1 Like

We’re waiting for images for XPERIA 10 IV/V and it takes a lot of months. You can ask in two years about this device with mark VI :wink:

1 Like

Mmm, but those are already supported right?

And 10 VI is nearly identical hardware.

Probably years from now.

Only in that table so far. No releases and no release dates given.

Not really. Different chipset (Qualcomm SM6450 Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 vs. Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695), different GPU (Adreno 710 vs. 619), different camera, and more.

7 Likes

No real news on the availability of Sailfish images on the mark v devices in the community meeting today if I understood currently

Sadly

1 Like

Indeed, one question today was given that “Xperia IV/V update is a month old, anything new ?” No answer was given …

Sony might continue with the Xperia 10 V support, but support emphasis may shift slowly to newer devices like Xperia VI …