Xperia 10 iii WLAN problems on new install

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.21
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 iii
UI LANGUAGE: UK
REGRESSION: new

DESCRIPTION:

WLAN is showing “Limited connectivity” very often. Also, Android apps do not have access to Internet.

Newly acquired, 2nd hand X10iii, arrived with Android 13 on it. I followed installing instructions closely. With Emma I installed Android 11 version 62.0.A.3.109. All functions briefly tested. With Windows batchfile flash-on-windows.bat I installed SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.19_v9a_lena.img

After problems arose, I flashed it again and tested functions thoroughly. Very stable WLAN, although labeled with a 5 so probably another technology than by SFOS. Installed SFOS again, same result.

For instance, F-Droid from Jolla Store, cannot find its repos.

PRECONDITIONS:

New X10iii

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Install SFOS
  2. Connect to WLAN
  3. Open F-Droid

EXPECTED RESULT:

Connectivity

ACTUAL RESULT:

Limited connectivity or - on Android - no connectivity

MODIFICATIONS:

None

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I was surprised Emma did not offer me Android 12. But then the prescribed Android 11 was there alright.

1 Like

This might be a known issue or at least commented on a more generic connection issues bug. I work around it by restarting the network subsystem with Sailfish Utilities, but can confirm that I experience the same issue when transitioning from cellular network to wifi.

Thanks for thinking along! I recognise that problem on 10ii, and it’s a bit of a hassle. What works for me, is just disabling mobile data in top menu, and enabling again.

But on my 10iii it is another level. Android is just without data, even after enabling in Android settings, the switch just pops back to disabled.

Having said that, after playing with those switches for a while, the 10iii has data on android level!

Same on Xperia 10. The fix seems to be opting in for Global Proxy setting in advanced settings of WIFI

What do you mean exactly by “opting in”? Is this enabling and leaving the proxy blank?

What I found with data in general on 10iii: when I do not insert a SIM card, I cannot manage to provide data to the Android layer. This is strange behaviour, right?

I see 4 options:

• Disabled
  • Manual
  • Auto-detect (standard)
  • Auto-configuration URL
    Underneath that: http://wpad.home/wpad.dat
    Auto-detected PAC URL
1 Like

I’ll let you know later when get home. :wink:

Enabling global proxy and leaving the configuration blank/disabled doesn’t help.