Xperia 10 III with Android 12: which AOSP binary?

I would like to install my new Xperia 10 III while keeping the latest flashed Android 12 (which at the moment seems to be supported by Jolla, although not yet preferred option)
Following the instructions at How to install Sailfish X on Xperia™ 10 III on Linux - Jolla
the request is to install from Sony dev site SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.19_v9a_lena.zip
as it goes with an Android 11 device

When the device has Android 12, should I rather use SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_12_4.19_v3a_lena.zip
i.e. from https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/downloads/software-binaries
the latest available for Lena, with Android 12 ?

Use the one that the instructions say you must use.

“Things” will go wrong if you use the one for 12.

If that’s correct, it would be nice if Jolla would add an explicit note regarding it.

Besides, I noticed also that their link brings to download the latest version for A11,
while the text expects it to be v9a (which for the time being is still true, but who knows when it may change and how quickly it would be updated)

@simosagi, any issues with Xperia 10 III flashed with Android 12 at all? I’m testing mine and it “automatically” installed Android 12 against my wishes. Just wondering if I should bother to downgrade, which is a real pain.

I think installing SFOS from A12 is supported, but you need to use A11 blobs.

1 Like

Yes, that’s my understanding, was just being cautious and asking for any obvious drawbacks.

Hello,

I’ve bought a SailfishOS license, a Sony Xperia 10 III which was delivered with Android 12 :

Build number
62.1.A.0.675 releases-keys

I’ve tested following the installation procedure. During this an update of Android was proposed by Sony :

Xperia System update
Version 62.2.A.0.367

Update or not update, that is the question.

What are your advice ?

Since, there is 6 months ago to the last reply, there is some troubles to use Android 12 or the best choice is to downgrade Android to the 11 version ?

Thank for your replies … I want use SailfishOS rapidly :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry the silly question, but how to make it a dual boot ? I want to try it too.

62.2.x is Android 13, therefore I suggest you do not upgrade.

1 Like

A. You are off-topic.
B. No, you can’t.

2 Likes

Thank you Jameson ! I’m was ready to do the mistake.