Xperia 10 III support

This is how I can connect to my car without pairing:

• sometimes the automatic connection works.
  • if not, cancel the connection attempt from the car
  • wait until the connection attempt has really been canceled
  • initiate the connection manually from the phone

Clumsy, but it works

1 Like

I confirm, today there was no automatic connection.
On Xperia “long tap” on bluetooth-icon > “searching devices” > connected car (Mazda) → done
Took me only a few seconds, which is ok for me.

It seems that the LG Medianav Evolution in our 2018 Dacia Lodgy isn´t the yellow of the Egg. It based on Windows CE and sometimes have some Bugs (Rear-Cam Picture is black, Bluetooth-Device-Battery-Status/Signal-Strength isn´t correct, Replay-Titles are not shown always/every time…etc). I experienced this with Android 8-11 even with SailfishOS, sadly LG offer no updates to this Device. I heard that Dacia changed to Android-Auto devices in the newer Cars because of this issue maybe.

Time for Jolla to put their feet into this Door!?

Yes the N9 was the best phone ever so far. Wish we could get an updated version that is 4/5 g compatible.

3 Likes

Situations from the Jolla Shop is the software exactly for this kind of “if whatever then something” rules.
You could add a custom rule to switch network on/off.

In your case, you’d first turn on the “face down” gesture in the regular settings of Sailfish: this will disable alerts (forgot if its done by do-not-disturb mode, or just setting the volume to 0).
Then add an extra rule in Situations: if alerts are disabled, then activate airplane.

The only draw back is that Situations is currently proprietary.

Did you install the opensource microG (or the official Google Play Services)?
A lot of android applications rely on Google Cloud Messaging for Push notifications.
It’s not part of the base opensource Android (AOSP), but it’s implemented in microG (and in the official Play Service, but those come with their own drawbacks). Once installed, setup a Google account in microG, turn on cloud messaging for your mail app.

1 Like

HI!
My 10 III shows android version 10.
62.0.A.3.109
Do I have to update to android 11?
And how to update?

Presumably you have not unlocked boot loader yet so could update in Settings:
OTA → 62.0.A.3.131
OTA → 62.0.A.3.163
OTA → 62.0.A.9.11

Alright. Thank you. I’m trying to update them…

Hi @Gouneesz here is a nice guide. by @d.geelen

Am I the only one struggling with swipe-closing camera in landscape mode from right edge?
Option menu pops up for several times before I can swipe-close the camera.

No, you are not the only one - there are at least two of us!

For me, X10II had this issue, but X10III does not.

I do have dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/peekfilter/boundaryWidth 96 set, which makes it easier to use edge swipes. It didn’t really help with X10II, though.

1 Like

For the people who just want to directly flash the latest version, but didn’t manage to fetch it with XperiFirm before Sony purged older versions from their servers, see the link I mention in that post.

1 Like

I don’t have symbols counter when typing SMS on 10mk3 and latest 4.4 SFOS.
Am I the only one?

PS I know there was probably a ‘show only when close to limit’ change, but I don’t see a counter at all.

Enable it in settings/apps

2 Likes

For me it’s pretty damn amazing. Coming from Jolla 1 which was unusable, this is absolutely useable and very responsive. What would make it amazing would be AdblockPlus ported for it!

2 Likes

Thoughts re my X10 III and SFOS 4.4
The phone - coming from Jolla 1 is very responsive. Really nice and bright interface. My battery has lasted two days and still going at 34%. I have 4G and WLAN running. I am using it more and more so the wlan drain is not occurring for me.
Onedrive auto backup is running smoothly.
Fingerprint sensor is working too. One touch to turn on screen, another touch to unlock - easy.
No issues with bluetooth either pairing with Win 10 laptop nor Subaru BRZ car though alas, I don’t have sms and sometimes the artist title isn’t picked up.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Any ad block would be amazing

After each power on / reboot of my 10 III, even though Bluetooth is enabled and correctly working, there is no Bluetooth icon in the status bar and also the “quick access” Bluetooth icon/button in the pull down menu is inactive (as if Bluetooth was disabled). At the same time, on the Settings / Bluetooth screen it is correctly shown as enabled and I can normally use Bluetooth.

It takes disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth (either using that icon or from Settings / Bluetooth screen) for the Bluetooth icon to appear in the status bar and the icon/button in the menu to correctly show its enabled state.

Should I file a bug report?