Xperia 10 III support

Those statements are not even close to mutually exclusive - or you left out some important detail.
It is supposed to be cropped to shape, i.e. in only one direction, that’s why square is needed.
And anyway, your squared image works as it should for me.

The plane is not centered. The nose will be cutted always.

Is there any Template available for generating a background? If I remember right there was the same sitiuation / problem as I migrated from Jolla1 to Xperia X

It’s a 16:9 image on a 21:9 phone, what do you expect? The plane is perfectly centered, it is cut equally on both sides. Also this is pretty off-topic, especially since it is not specific to the 10 III.

1 Like

You are right it’s off topic.

2 Likes

Yes, I have deactivated the fingerprint, but there has been not change… :frowning:

You have to expand, not crop, the image to be square.

See e.g. here: Ambience made from gallery bug - #3 by nephros

So far the 10III seems to be behaving ok, although I get a feeling the battery drains a bit faster. We will see.
A problem that I have is that I cannot access the phone via USB (mass storage) in Windows or Linux. Didn’t try to ssh into the phone. In Windows (10) I get that “the device malfunctioned and is not recognized” after I plug it in and Linux (debian) the phone doesn’t show up in the File application. Has anyone seen something similar?

2 Likes

About that unused button:

----====( /dev/input/event3 )====----
Name: "gpio-keys"
ID: bus 0x19, vendor, 0x1, product 0x1, version 0x100
Type 0x00 (EV_SYN)
Type 0x01 (EV_KEY)
	 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN KEY_01c9
# evdev_trace -t  3
/dev/input/event3: 1653585089.064 - 0x01/EV_KEY - 0x1c9/KEY_01c9 - 1
/dev/input/event3: 1653585089.064 - 0x00/EV_SYN - 0x000/SYN_REPORT - 0
/dev/input/event3: 1653585089.231 - 0x01/EV_KEY - 0x1c9/KEY_01c9 - 0
/dev/input/event3: 1653585089.231 - 0x00/EV_SYN - 0x000/SYN_REPORT - 0
2 Likes

Does anyone know if fast charging is supported? Also, in case it is, any recommended chargers (sony original is supposedly very expensive)?

I use usual laptop 65W usb-c charger and it takes about 1:10m to charge fully from 15%.
10mk1 took 1h. Mind you, mk3 has +50% battery capacity.

PS Comparing both, 10mk3 has way worse voice clarity (probably has to do with not working noise cancellation) and also headphones and speaker volume are 10-20% lower.

3 Likes

Great, but how to map this to something?

Well, I can charge my X10III with my USB-C laptop charger with ~3500mAh current. X10II could do “only” ~2500mAh

3 Likes

I’m also getting around 3500mAh with a Samsung phone charger, fast enough for me.

2 Likes

grep -rn . /sys/class/power_supply/usb/ might help to see voltage and current with specific charger

1 Like

Or you can use Battery Buddy :wink:

3 Likes

Usage is also very nice for energy and display stats.

1 Like

When I connect the 10III via bluetooth wit my car then only the bt mac address is shown only and not the device name.

Can sombody else confirm that behaviour?

1 Like

I have a Xperia 10 III and I can correctly connect to my car (and also the name is shown correctly). Maybe this is specific to your car?

It’s a known issue; you’ll have to change the name of the device, and it shows up correctly until you reboot the device. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

3 Likes

Does somebody has any idea why sailfish-home LUKS partition has this on 10III?

# /usr/sbin/cryptsetup luksDump /dev/mapper/sailfish-home 
LUKS header information for /dev/mapper/sailfish-home

Version:       	1
Cipher name:   	aes
Cipher mode:   	xts-plain64
Hash spec:     	sha256
Payload offset:	4112 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I’ve checked on my 10, it has the usual 4096 offset. But LUKS on it was set up 2 years ago, so…
What are these 8 KB of additional data on 10III on 4.4?