Xperia 10 II + SFOS

Hello I’m trying to install Whisperfish. Unfortunately, it is not. does anyone have a tip.

Installed Whisperfish from Storeman and it seems to open.

some apps can be installed with openrepos, some not. the install slider field isn’t there in those cases.

I guess some apps are missing the aarch64 package on openrepos.

2 Likes

As mentioned elsewhere; it seems you won’t get any Android 11 OTA Update after having unlocked the phone. Really bad behaviour from Sony :frowning:
I wish i am somehow mistaken, so please contradict me if you know better.

As pointed out by @KuroNeko on IRC, one can fastboot oem lock to regain access to OTA updates. This was basically ungooglable for some reason. It wipes the phone similarly to an unlock, should you care about your Android install.

4 Likes

I got my XPeria II ready but oh no need it for some android camera testing first :frowning:
Will update my XPeria X in the mean time!

I try to unlock my Xperia 10 II, but in item 7 according the instructions I got the message in Windows terminal:

FiNDTR: Cannot open md5.lst

…Searhing deice … ‘fastboot’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, Operable program or batch file

Thus I can not unlock the bootloader.

(Windows 10)
Can someone tell me what’s a problem. I would like to flash my Xperia 10 II to SFOS X.

To help find answers you could clarify some points first. Are you absolutely sure first that you have double-checked the instructions and you are doing them correctly? The error you mentioned FiNDTR: Cannot open md5.lst seems to indicate that you might not be executing the cmd and fastboot command on a correct path / folder.

Make sure especially

• You are using Windows 10 20H2 or later. Check this by going Settings > System > Details / info (or something like that) > Version

• You have correctly installed fastboot drivers and there’s Sony sa0114 ADB Interface Driver on Device Manager.

• You have extracted Sailfish OS image and Sony software binaries into same folder. So you should basically have all these in the Sailfish image folder.

• You are running the cmd on correct path. Make sure you are on the Sailfish image folder with all the necessary files extracted.

• Double-check the instructions and make sure you are really understanding each step.

Otherwise this might be a specific issue. It really helps if one specifies as many details as possible when it comes to asking help or reporting a bug. We need to know what have you already tried, how you are doing it etc. if you get my point.

Everything as you have written. I have to google tomorrow. As I recall correct wit Xperia X and XA2, I followed some other instructions for the unlocking the bootloader. I shall do it the third time. Thanks.

1 Like

Just flashed SFOS on my Xperia 10 II! THANK YOU SO MUCH, JOLLA! This is amazing!!!

2 Likes

I’ve installed Aptoide, but the icon does not appear on the home screen. Is there something else that must be activated?

Android support isn’t available in the free version, and for now that is all we have.

2 Likes

Can someone check if odt/doc(x) documents works in the Documents app?
I forgot to try before i maybe broke it, but a complete reinstall of everything calligra-related didn’t fix it.

and i bought a 10 ii

well actually that happened in the past because i already have it here with me, cant wait to daily drive it

I tried opening sample odt and docx files but with no success. Documents app won’t open them and displays a message that it’s impossible to charge the page.

2 Likes

Xperia 10 II
How long will it take to be officially used?

The SFOS installation instructions worked flawlessly for me on Win 10 20H2 (or should it be called “Win 10, 20…the other half”?) and the 10 II. What is advertised to work on the 10 II works beautifully for me. Alas, my observations when I first got the phone and used Android of phone calls happening on 2G network and dropped as drive around persist with SFOS installed. I knew it would since I’m dealing with hardware limitations of there being no U.S.A. variant of the 10 II.

I spend a lot of time driving each week and absolutely use the telephone features during that time. I simply cannot get the phone to operate smoothly for me here. I am truly envious of those of you around the planet that get to use the 10 II with SFOS.

I will keenly continue to watch this forum in the unlikely event some other U.S.-based user figures out how to get the phone working smoothly for phone calls on T-Mobile US network.

But congratulations to Jolla. Your team has done amazing work and survived against overwhelming odds. A behind-the-scenes book detailing the underdog success is sure to be in order some time in the future. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello, I have 15% battery consumption with my Xperia 10 II under SFOS. WiFi, 4G were on. Can anybody confirm this?

It’s hard to confirm this. 15% in 1 minute? in 10 minutes or in 1 hour?

2 Likes