Xperia 10 II + SFOS

You are right - so it must mean April 2022

7 Likes

Indeed :joy::joy::joy: I’ve developed enough patience skills that I can probably wait until April 2022 if necessary

1 Like

As someone said above, it might be on a Thursday so maybe tomorrow.
But who knows, might take a few more weeks or months. I’ve been waiting since their first tweet about a 64bit device in early December 2020 :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

The fact that the Jolla store is back up after a period of being inaccessible suggests to me that it won’t be long. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

There is an update for Android on Xperia 10 ii, should we wait with it?^^

1 Like

So no release this week I guess yet: Sailfish Community News, 6th May

3 Likes

I would like this post but … I do not like it :wink:

4 Likes

I know the feeling :slight_smile: Several times there have been posts that I’d like to react to somehow, but without the heart thing. Oh well, we can only wait.

2 Likes

I really never understood this impatiance regarding upcoming stuff.

3 Likes

It’s much harder to understand impatience regarding things in the past. :wink:

Still playing around with the Xperia 10 II on Android. At least one, and sometimes many come-ons keep popping up every day. I’ve got some new extra tiny icons on top now, next to the clock. One’s obviously an eighth note, I think one is the facebook logo trying to get me to join. Two more are undecipherable, using a magnifying glass doesn’t help.

My wife said to me “Can’t you turn notifications off. I can on my iPhone.” I just thought if I wanted SFOS to bug me all the time I’d probably have to install something to make that happen. Or at least turn something on. I want my SFOS on this neat device. I was getting to like the improvements in 4.0 right when my Xperia X died. Android is making feel cheap.

2 Likes

I used Sailfish one year and switched back to Android for about one year. Then one day I got totally p…d off to Android and switched back to Sailfish. Now I have Xperia 10 ii waiting for Sailfish release. Not impatient but yet checking status every day…

4 Likes

My app list views, silica or generic are not sluggish. black sheeps hafenschau, which is really nice programming is also not sluggish. it’s faster than desktop apps with far more horespower.

and I’m running on a kernel in debug mode. so it doesn’t get any more sluggish.

SVG rendering is deficient in QT 5.6 (in comparison to pngs) which can also be ‘slow’ but silica in general is not sluggish.

2 Likes

I’m doing the same :joy: Sorry for the impatience, Jolla, but it’s taking so long that it’s almost become an obsession, hahah

3 Likes

Perhaps someone who is impatient would like to use the time, to make a black-background, high contrast theme that would minimise the power used by the OLED screen.

5 Likes

There used to be an ‘All Black’ ambience (white UI, black background), but I can’t seem to find it anymore on OpenRepos.

1 Like

Same here. 10II is still sitting in a drawer waiting for SFOS to become available. I tried to test it with Android but I could not make it past 30 minutes. Android is just way too painful to use. Something is always trying to grab your attention. Strange notifications appear all the time etc.

3 Likes

But not safe if you live in the UK. I’m seeking clarification on whether Jolla will continue to allow us UK users to get and use Sailfish following a note on the Sailfish X page that excludes the UK from countries where the OS is permitted!

I’m hoping they will amend this statement " We are currently making Sailfish X available in the countries of the European Union, Norway and Switzerland (“Authorized Countries”). Purchasing Sailfish X outside of the Authorized Countries is prohibited." to include the UK.

8 Likes

People have been using SFOS all over the world for years, regardless :grinning:

14 Likes

There is the Carbon Ambience that still works fine.
https://openrepos.net/content/nokius/carbon-fibre-ambience

I am missing the All Black Ambience as well. Nobody has a copy on their device anymore?

1 Like

I think that wasn’t truly black. I made one myself with a black picture but that doesn’t stay really black either

1 Like