Xperia 10 Dual SIM The use of the GPS is a battery killer

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): EVERYDAY
BUILD ID = 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE Xperia 10 dual sim
UI LANGUAGE: French
REGRESSION: I don’t know

DESCRIPTION:

I can see the percentage of battery decreasing very quickly when i use the GPS.

PRECONDITIONS:

Just normal use.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Put the GPS on

EXPECTED RESULT:

Longer lasting battery when in use.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Very little time of use available.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I don’t have anything relevant to show. or where can i find battery consumption logs ?

I am a push bike messenger, -not a geek-.
When i loosed my former android phone i took this SailfishOS 3.0 phone out of my closet to put it back on android -because the license used to say you can’t use sailfishos 3.0 for work- but it resulted impossible so i begin to use it with sailfishOS 3 and the new update -version 4- came a few days later.
It says you can use the version 4.0 for work.
My phone is my best mate @work. I am very happy about the progress between 3.0 and 4.

If i dare telling what i would like to be changed on sailfish OS :

Even if using the phone GPS is not a “state of the art” way of working -we still use unbreakable and long lasting paper maps- It would make me feel more relaxed to have a backup.

It would be great to have access to the gallery directly from the SMS app. For now when i want to send proof of receipt to my customers i have to go the gallery first. -this is problem when i am stressed and need to be fast-.

Sometimes at the end of the day the screen freeze and i have to lock the screen and unlock it to unfreeze the touching function of the screen. to be noted : this is REALLY at the end of the day and if i take the time to shut down and restart the phone then i have a few hours of very smooth work from the phone.

It would be great if we could register two finger prints -instead of only one- to unlock the screen so we could unlock from the left hand and the right hand.

This post is NOT a critical post, it is a list suggestions that would make an average -but intensive- user happy for the next version.

Thank you to the developers of sailfish.