Xperia 1 IV, 5 IV and 10 IV support

Yes, also form my end: the sooner the better, do not need the camera functionality

@ rubdos: Sony RX 100 current or older version with zoom lens
Alternatively, Fuji X100 with fixed lens (and expensive, the latest mk vi hard to find in stock maybe)

2 Likes

Maybe another Sony camera and GitHub - schorschii/ImagingEdge4Linux: Download images from your Sony DSLR camera via WiFi onto Linux without the crappy mobile app :wink:

1 Like

Yes, please do. With so many 10 IV’s and V’s laying there unused and catching dust in our drawers, I’m sure that most of us would happily start using them with SFOS and this way help to find and iron out potential bugs and issues.

7 Likes

No news are good news. :smile:

…or a cover up. :wink:

Or use a Toshiba Flashair SD-Card and my Backup-Script from here:

How’s the re-enabling happening? Like is it going to require a re-flash of the Android partition or an OTA update to sfos?

Still a bit paranoid about securing my crap on a new phone without data loss, but will accept pretty much anything at this stage. Bring it!

I usually carry my work phone with me, because that’s where I can run Android apps better than my ancient turdball of a 10plus anyway, and it’s happened once or twice that I’ve used BT to send pics.

Maybe you want a proper camera and no BT, but this would be my solution if Jolla is kind enough to toss us a bone in the form of an install image without camera support.

For my 10IV (XQ-CC54), Emma does not offer me the option to update Android to version 14, the highest version it offers me is v13.

How about if you take a13 from Emma and boot it up and upgrade from UI?

2 Likes

I have v13 (65.1.A.5.65) installed via Emma, ​​the UI doesn’t offer to update: “The device has the latest available system updates installed”.

Is the bootloader (re)locked?

I had to relock the bootloader to get Android 14 Update offering

2 Likes

No, bootloader is not (re)locked

OTA upgrade is possible only with bootloader locked. I had the same issue and found that Emma will offer the original v.13 only, also after upgrade to v.14. This goes for X10V at least.
Took me most part of a whole day to upgrade to the latest Android 14. 5 or 6 OTA upgrades if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

So the obvious is not the reason that your device does not offer Android 14 upgrade.

I am frequently the kind of guy to not see the obvious, at least my wife pretends that :crazy_face:

I relock BL on v13, UI doesn’t offer v14. I relock BL on v12 (the original version on the device when I bought it as new), the UI does not offer to upgrade to a higher version. Either I’m doing something wrong or I bought the wrong phone. :frowning:
Is it necessary to have a google account for OTA (UI) update? Because I don’t have it.

No.

Give it some time. Sometimes it appears with some delay. Try to refresh after a few minutes.

1 Like

I haven’t discovered the obvious reason, yet, but there is definitely one, I am worried.

It didn’t help even after a while, I left the phone on wifi all night, nothing. I haven’t figured out what’s preventing the update.

Are you sure that bootloader re-lock was successful? Did it then wipe all user data and required going through the initial setup from scratch? I got multiple OTA updates on my 10 V. When I was offered the first Android 14 update, I cancelled it and unlocked the bootloader.

1 Like