[XA2 Plus][4.x.x] Android UI freezes when scrolling/panning

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.68 (bug present at least since 4.1)
HARDWARE: XA2 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: Italian
REGRESSION: Yes, over 3.x

DESCRIPTION:

The Android UI will invariably hang after some seconds when scrolling (e. g. in a Chrome web page) or panning (e. g. in a mapping application such as Waze or Google Maps).

PRECONDITIONS:

None known; using Alien Dalvik with latest MicroG.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open e. g. Google Maps.
  2. Scroll the map around a while.

EXPECTED RESULT:

You can scroll the map and continue to use the app.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The whole Android UI will freeze in some seconds. All Android apps will stop responding. Daemons will continue to run (e. g. Spotify music will continue playing). Stopping and starting Android Support will solve the problem. Sometimes the Stop button for Android Support will not be responsive; in this case, a reboot is required.

MODIFICATIONS:

Latest MicroG.

Can you be more explicit concerning the latest version of microG?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I update to the latest one as soon as it’s available. Currently it’s v0.2.24.214816.

The issue seems to have disappeared after upgrading MicroG Services Core to version 0.2.27.

I’m not sure if it’s the same issue, but I have similar experience since I updated my Xperia 10 II to sfos 4.5 with an Android map application that I use: Sevici.It crashes when scrolling or panning. It also needs Google Services so I have latest microG installed (v0.2.27), so it seems that it’s not fixed by updating microG.

I never got any more freezes after updating to 0.2.27.