[4.2.0.19][4.1.0.24][Xperia 10II] losing cellular network after call

I have this issue too. What is puzzling is that the network is not restored immediately even if I turn the phone off and on again, but only after a few minutes. Maybe the issue is that the operator blocks the SIM temporarily because it detects some kind of unusual activity?

1 Like

Indeed, you’re right.
And more, even if I turn on and off flightmode it takes up to 1 minute until the phone connects to cellular network.

1 Like

Same here with Xperia 10 II. My provider is Drillisch. All in All I have to switch the flightmode on and off all the time. The network connectivity is very bad! It takes a lot of time and even if 4G is shown, there is no connection to the internet… I noticed, that there is also a differenz between Android apps and sailfish apps. sailfish apps get the connection faster, while androidapps might or might not connect…

Same with Xperia 10 and german D-Netz

Same here with Xperia 10 and german Telekom and Vodafone Network. It does not make a difference if sim1/sim2 is used.
After call (not always!) it takes up to 60s until reconnect to network (mobile and voice), same for flight mode.

1 Like

Compare with my issues with XA2 (before it died).

This issue remains after the Update to 4.2 (EA) on my X 10 II.

4 Likes

I can confirm this (Xperia 10 ii, SFOS 4.2)

That’s bad, because it is very annoying to wait one minute after every call to make a new call, write a message or browsing the web… :unamused:

1 Like

Can someone with trustlevel 3 edit the tags of my bugreport from 4.0.1. to 4.1.0. please?
Thank you.

1 Like

Replying here instead of creating a separate issue: For me 2G is completely broken. I can’t use the 2G only mode, which may also explain the network issues after a call. It just tries to connect and fail in a loop. I made a short video demonstrating the issue: cloud@neko.dev

This is on an Xperia 10 II, with 4.2.0.19.

The Ubuntu Touch guys seem to have the same issue (they use the mer ofono too) and one of them shared the following workaround:

We can fix the problem with adding the precise hidl interface: transport=binder:name=slot1;interface=radio@1.1 in the ril-subscription.conf file

https://matrix.to/#/%23_oftc_%23sailfishos%3Amatrix.org/%247vankzjvjC8yFKyZN95kLN8rw0yNEwdzjRcOAJLAmvI?via=neko.dev&via=matrix.org&via=netsoj.nl&via=msg.maquis196.io

5 Likes

I have filed an internal bug on this. Thanks for reporting.

7 Likes

Unfortunately the bug still exists in 4.2.0.21 EA on my Xperia 10 II.

Indeed, it takes almost exactly 150 seconds (2,5 minutes) to reconnect (SFOS 4.2.0.21, Xperia 10 ii, Telekom Germany). That is way too long.

Incoming call causes switching from 4G to 2G and thus cuts mobile internet. Once the call is finished, reestablishing a data connection with 2G takes more than a minute. However, the 2G data connection is automatically cut after a few seconds and for little less than 1,5 minutes no network access at all exists. Only thereafter 4G is back.

1 Like

I’ve been able to send some Video and Logs of that to Jolla. Also I detected, that this only happens to me if WiFi is off. Reproducible. What i didn’t test, is the condition that WiFi is on but no network available. Perhaps someone can confirm that as well.
By the way, i think mine connects back in like in 36 sec or so.

1 Like

Indeed, in my test I switched Wifi off. Reconnection depends on the quality of the mobile network. In our office the network is weak. This could be the reason why restoring mobile data connection took so long.

However, the steps are always the same: falling back to 2G for a voice call, after the call reestablishing a first data connection with 2G, then killing all mobile network access completly and eventually establishing a new 4G connection.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this bug is still present in SFOS 4.3.0.12
The problem still occurs when mobile data is on and no WIFI is available.

Because of the last posts in this tread and the 3rd software version of SFOS 4 for Xperia 10II, I tested my t-mobile Germany SIM card again in the XperiaX.
The result:
In SFOS 4.1.0.24, 4.2.0.19 and 4.3.0.12 the SIM card works perfectly in the XperiaX. When a call is made, the network switches from 4G to 2G and after the call back to 4G without delay and without interrupting the mobile network.
The same SIM card shows the bug described above in the Xperia 10 II (aarch64) in all three SFOS versions.

Note: The 3G network of t-mobile Germany has been switched off since 1 July 2021.

3 Likes

Add it to the list of bugs for me which is just making be super frustrated at my phone.
X10i, latest update.

2 Likes

Glad you made this observation because it could help finding the true reason for the annoyingly long network pause after each call.

It is about the same time when I got my Xperia 10ii and t-mobile canceled 3G. Therefore I might have wrongly assigned the long network loss after every call to the switching-off of 3G - and not to SFOS/aarch64. I will check with my older back-up XA2 in order to confirm your observation

1 Like