Would Jolla do deals with US carriers?

Curious to know if Jolla has anything against working with them…

1 Like

Well Jolla doesn’t create devices of their own any more, so it would be up to individual manufacturers if they wanted to partner with a carrier for a Sailfish powered device; that been said it’s very unlikely at this point in time.

3 Likes

Given the fact Jolla are not even officially selling SFOS in the US (I could almost bet for some stupid legal reasons), they don’t focus on individual customers and the low expected volumes I don’t think carriers would be even interested in working with Jolla.
Jolla, a virtually unknown company from somewhere in Europe offering a niche operating system which in 2021 has probably less private users than Symbian, do not procuce any own hardware to back it up and a quick search on the internet will unearth some fraud allegations (Tablet fiasco) and possible ties to the Russian government. It should be enough scare away any potential partners from the US. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was thinking IF there WAS one :wink:

If someone approaches them and it would earn them money, I don’t see why Jolla wouldn’t do it. I think Sailfish isn’t sold in the US mostly because the legal stuff isn’t worth the potential earnings. If that changes and someone figures out how to sell Sailfish without a large risk of Jolla being stuck with flashed devices, I don’t really see a reason not to do it.

3 Likes

For certain parts of SailfishOS to stay as they are, that might require to change US-American law first.

I do not believe that changes in the next couple of years, if ever.

Well, instead of posting here, write directly to Jolla.

1 Like