As @michfu has left SailfishOS, he won’t be maintaining his SailfishOS port of Stellarium (itself based on lduboeuf’s UbuntuTouch port, of chengxinlun’s Stellarium Android),
and as aviarus hasn’t managed to get this newer version to compile only the older SFM,
I’ve decided to pick up this package.
- It’s now in the SailfishOS:chum github repositories
- RPMs are available in SailfishOS:chum:testing package repo
The good news:
- I’ve rebased it on the latest 0.4 upstream of the UbuntuPort (based on the latest Android version, which uses the last publicly available version of the Stellarium-for-Mobile core 1.29.6)
- It mostly works on my Xperia 10iii
- It asks for the correct permissions.
The bad news/what’s missing:
This latest UbuntuTouch version uses QtQuick Controls 2 API which is NOT available in SailfishOS, and thus the StarloreDialog (that’s the menu that normally comes in Settings => _Starlore) and LocationCityPicker (Settings => Location => Name/City: => Manual).
(I’ve haven’t noticed other regressions, yet).
The ugly news:
- Inicidentally, the data pins on my Xperia 10iii broke the other day (I’m still in the left side of the bathtube curve), which is reducing my possibilities to debug/test (only over Wifi) to not mention even charge the smartphone (only USB-C chargers that use USB-PD work as they negociate using CC1,CC2, instead of D+,D-)
- So I won’t be doing much testing in the near future. Once I get the warranty repair, I could have another look at the app.