Where to get the system.img

Hello,

I think at installing play store stuff I have overwritten my original saved system.img backup with a corrupt one and now I cannot start aliendalvik engine any more on my Sony Xperia 10 III with latest official update installed.
So I want to extract the file from the fresh downloaded flash image file so I does not must reflash my device.
Where is the system.img stored so I can only install these file by hand? I mounted the sailfish.img001 file from the flash image download but it looks like it is not inside of these file. I wonder me but also reinstall android support does not reinstall the file after moving them to another place.
Nice if someone could give me the steps also to extract them. But to know where it is would be also allready helpfull.

Cheers,
Pierre

Isn’t the system.img part of AlienDalvik. I would download the aliendalvik files or just try a reinstall.

Take a look at appsupport-system-un
privileged package.

nemo@PGXperiiia10:~ $ rpm -qf /opt/alien/system.img
aliendalvik-system-10.0.0.62.1.4-1.9.1.jolla.aarch64
nemo@PGXperiiia10:~ $ pkcon install --allow-reinstall aliendalvik-system
Resolving
Testing changes
Finished                                                         [                               ] (0%)
The following packages have to be installed:
aliendalvik-system-10.0.0.62.1.4-1.9.1.jolla.aarch64   Android App Support system image
Proceed with changes? [N/y]
2 Likes
[root@Xperia10III defaultuser]# rm /opt/alien/system.img
rm: remove '/opt/alien/system.img'? y
[root@Xperia10III defaultuser]# pkcon install --allow-reinstall aliendalvik-system
Auflösen                                                                                    [                                             ] (0%)  Paket nicht gefunden: aliendalvik-system
AusfĂĽhrung des Befehls fehlgeschlagen: Dieses Werkzeug konnte keine verfĂĽgbaren Pakete finden: Keine Pakete gefunden
[root@Xperia10III defaultuser]# rpm -qf /opt/alien/system.img
appsupport-system-unprivileged-11.0.0.60.28-1.11.1.jolla.aarch64
[root@Xperia10III defaultuser]# pkcon install --allow-reinstall appsupport-system-unprivileged
Auflösen
Ă„nderungen werden getestet
Fertig
Installieren
Ă„nderungen werden getestet
Starten
Pakete werden installiert
Fertig
[root@Xperia10III defaultuser]# ls -l /opt/alien/system.img
ls: /opt/alien/system.img: No such file or directory

Any idea? So I though it comes with the flash image.

File is installed after I removed the

pkcon remove appsupport-system-unprivileged

with they’re dependency packages. An installation with

pkcon install appsupport-system-unprivileged aliendalvik

reinstalled the original file.

Thx for suggestions.

2 Likes