Where to find jolla-email-crypto-gnupg?

I have some experience with Debian but I’m new to SFOS. Maybe it’s a silly question but where can I find the package “jolla-email-crypto-gnupg”. According to my understanding it is (beside other packages like gnupg suite etc.) neccessary to install the above mentioned package when I want to encrypt my emails.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

Should it is jolla- package then"
devel-su pkcon install jolla-email-crypto-gnupg

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Where do I find this repo? Do I have to change into development mode?
Juergen

This is an official Jolla repo and the only thing you have to do is open to a terminal(installed one from openrepos or ssh/developer mode) and run a command.

Thanks for the help. It worked.

Note that this plugin does not support encrypting emails.

It can sign and verifiy pgp-signed emails and keys, that’s it.

Also the gpg version used on SFOS is ancient, there may be problems because of this.

2 Likes

Jolla respects your privacy, Jollas email client does NOT!

How do you get it to verify? Does it work only on incoming emails (after enabling the option in settings->apps->email) and I guess manually importing a key? Or does it support hkp? Also is there a way to get the webview in the email app to display pgp-encrypted emails, I’m getting a blank page, so assuming some cpp part is filtering those as don’t see anything in the qml that would be responsible for this behaviour?
Edit: and oh boy oh geez, looks like gpg2 doesn’t like sequoia generated keys:
gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: mpi larger than packet
Aborted
:confused:

You get that not only with sequoia keys, but IME with any keys exported by modern GPG/PGP software. The packaged gnupg in SFOS is simply too ancient.

See also: Compiling Recent GnuPG on SailfishOS

3 Likes