Where is Data directory?

Hi, I’m very Newbie, I try to fix a malfunction with terminal, anybody knows where the “Data” directory is located, I don’t find it in Nemo
Thanks

There is no directory called Data, there is /home/nemo (user directory) and root. Apps are usually found in /usr/share/, app desktop files are found in /usr/share/applications/

What’s wrong with terminal, why do you think it needs fixing?

I have this problem : https://together.jolla.com/question/13805/android-support-not-working-apps-not-loading/#post-id-14896
I try to do that : http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1406350&postcount=47

Which device and Sailfish OS version do you actually use?

Sony XA2 with last version 3.3.0.16 Rokua

Did you pay for a license or use the free version of Sailfish?

Good question!

data (not Data) directory is on a full SFOS installation where it belongs ( on root / ):

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ ls /data/
anr backup fpc misc_ce resource-cache timeapp bootchart hostapd misc_de scd tombstonesapp-asec cache local nfc shared userapp-ephemeral dalvik-cache lost+found ota ss user_deapp-lib data media ota_package system vendorapp-private drm mediadrm persist system_ceaudio etc misc property system_de

or if you mean the storage space of apps

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ ls android_storage/Android/data/

Furthermore why splitting it up and asking same thing (or cause/consequence) in a new topic?

I doubt it’s a good idea to follow a six years old post you linked to which refers to SFOS 1, maybe it’s still valid, I can’t say.
Home directory ~ is not root directory /, you should know the difference if altering files of the system while having root rights. Maybe you should get familiar with the cli and Linux file hierarchy first.

2 Likes

If you use Cyberduck upon MacOSX and under View > Show hidden files it elicits the following for my XA2 on 3.3.0.16:

At some point, the directory for mounted storage devices (like the SD card) was changed, but the underlying system hasn’t changed, whether it’s called Sailfish 0.9, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0. Those are just marketing numbers.

I found the directory, but I can’t remove the dalvik-cache directory, I don’t have permission.
Anyway, I don’t even know if that’s the answer.