When to expect SFOS 3.4.0

Oh, on your message I wanted also to update and got the message ‘aktuell’ on my SFOS 3.3.0.16 (de).

Uuuh have too little memory… This one is really big…

Thanks WilliePre, downloading now.

3.4.0.22 Pallas Yllästunturi

You probably don’t have activated early access

The release notes are unavailable, and there is no official announcement ??!??

So and thats the reason you only should update if you really know, what you are doing.

I am downloading it, but where is the official announcement?

The official announcements for Early Access releases usually come a bit later than the update itself.

You wouldn’t want to have new features spoiled by the changelog on early access, would you?
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah system bricked. This image is too big. I had to deinstall everything and it did not fit. And now it is over.

… updating to 3.2.0.12 (interleave).
We are on 3.4.0.22. Now crypting the home dir again…

I can officially announce I’m sooo happy for the browswer engine update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for information! No, I haven’t enabled early access. So I’d better wait till it’s stable because I need the phone as daily driver and only internet access now. Bricking it would be very bad for me now…

To be fair, out of all of the Sailfish updates, it’s only happened maybe twice that a bug was fixed between Early Access and the public release. The public release is usually exactly the same thing, available a couple of days later.

The e-mail bug since last version seems fixed for me finally.
Also, the the new browser engine is cool, pages seem to work better even on Jolla 1.
Good job!

2 Likes

Update seems to be pulled from the Jolla store/repository… guess too many issues and bricked phones…

Could not determine size of update.

Anyone tips?

Downloading just fine on my backup XA2 as we speak. Reboot and try again?
Edit: installed fine too.

680MB

Sony Xperia 10

I expect, that you’re on Xperia phone right? Because for my Intex it was about 580MB :slight_smile:

Yep, added it in the post: Sony Xperia 10

Cleaning files in the download folder (part of user data) to make >1gb available did the trick; no reboot needed.

Downloading the update now :slight_smile:

1 Like

With the (early access) release of 3.4.0.22 we have to start speculating on 3.5.0, I guess March 2021 :wink:

3 Likes