When to expect a new update (autumn 2023)

Hey guys
I was quite while offline from SFOS.

Now, as autumn is turning into winter, i’m expecting a new SFOS version to be released… Whats the plan here?

Greetings from Germany

1 Like

It’s been a while since we’ve seen EWO — their last post was 6 months ago.

Since you appear to indeed have been living under a rock (figuratively):

Let’s first hope there is a company left to release anything at all.

4 Likes

Hey attah,

thanks for your quick reply.
I would be even happier to get this information in a more polite way :wink:

Anyway, lets hope there will be a future for SFOS.

Best, E.

5 Likes

I’m also wondering “when to expect a new update”… from the restructuring process. It’s almost the end of November.

3 Likes

We’re all anxiously hoping for a positive outcome from Jolla’s corporate restructuring, but in the meantime it’s worth pointing out that there’s still work going on that will hopefully feed in to a new Sailfish OS version. Things like the work @mal and others are doing on the Camera2 API, or that a bunch of us are doing with the browser. And no doubt more besides. @EWO, I’d recommend keeping an eye on @dcaliste’s fortnightly repository roundup for more clues on things that are happening.

17 Likes

Wasn’t there a rule that asking about the next update postpones any release of such update for a week/month?

11 Likes

I see it positive: No update limbo before christmas and current system works fine.

I wish @Jolla good luck!

1 Like

Yes, exactly. :wink:

Plus, the answer is the same at any time:
"When it is ready."

Hence asking is futile, any way.

6 Likes

Well, for me the question wasn’t futile at all: Now I know, that Jolla is struggling and the update is postponed.
Thanks so far.

CU
E.

3 Likes

You know, you don’t have to install pending updates…

Sure! But I’m hungry for SFOS updates :slight_smile:

as was often the reply in early days; “Soon™”

Any other have passed through Amiga OS4 development here?

1 Like

Any other have passed through Amiga OS4 development here?

“I was there, 3000 years ago”

Mostly on Amigaworld.net and Amigans.net

2 Likes

No but would have loved it,

Still it’s too damn expensive to buy an amiga x1000 or x5000

1 Like

… or Duke Nukem 3D or …

But no, I have not learnt to be patient while waiting for any of these, it was Jolla who taught me not to expect a release, but to let it simply occur some day (one may add “or not”, currently): This way every release is a positive surprise and never a waiting game.

5 Likes