When is planned 4.4?

Next year is here! :slight_smile: I know, I know just a bit impatient…

3 Likes

Rumor has it that when someone asks the question they add a week to the release date :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

27 Likes

I’m not sure it is better. IOS and Android get a major release annually, but bug fixes for serious issues (especially security patches) often come within a small number of weeks or even days.

The problem with android however is while google may provide fixes, the phone manufacturers provide few if any.

My LG phone from a few years ago only got 1 android update (outside of a few security fixes). At least Sailfish provides many.

I hope for volte in 4.4, although I know it probably wont happen.

Are you in desperate need of new adventures? Already played through all levels of 4.3?

YES, this is how it looks :eye: :eye:

4 Likes

Hmm, what about support for Xperia 10 III. We have sales soon here, and although I’m not expecting huge sales on that particular phone, but any % reductions is great to take !

Even thought it was “announced” i don’t think anyone will tell you to go and buy it until its officially available from jolla.

5 Likes

The price here has risen 20%, and there are now few on sale. Looks like it might follow the 10 II and be gone before there’s an SF release.

2 Likes

This maybe to do with the current global shortage of chips. Phone manufacturers are having to limit production runs of current and new models as a result, so buyers are instead going for still in stock slightly older new (unused) models and used models. The prices are therefore going up. The same is true of the used car market at the moment for the same reasons.

1 Like

Even though I have a pretty bad memory, I remember having read somewhere that 4.4 would also be the first release for the Xperia 10 III. Is this true?

Is there anyone with more information this regarding? My XA2 is more dead than alive, and I am waiting for the release to buy the 10 III…(or maybe buy it earlier before it is discontinued).

Pure guesswork; Most likely not.
The reason I think this is because 4.4 was supposed to come out last year.

By the way; you have just delayed the X10III release by a week :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So far 10mk3 has 4.4.0 branch of SFOS on git, but that doesn’t confirm anything.

1 Like

The most important thing is that VoLTE and VoWiFi will eventually work at least for the 10ii (if I got it right), so I’m happy to wait a bit longer.

I’ve been aboard since N9 times.
One week more or less won’t be the end of the world :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s a good hint, however!

I’m happy to read different news about that in Sailfish Community News, 13th January, Tasks :wink:.

But I don’t. I see it mentioned as something to look out for in 2022. Nowhere I could find mentioned mark III support for the next update. Where did you find that?

1 Like

It’s within first five lines :wink:.

I still don’t see it. I see 10mk3 mentioned, but in a section to look out for this year, not necessarily next release. Still might happen, could be tomorrow that it is released for 10mk3. Maybe I have a blindspot, expecting to read something and that’s why I keep reading it. But I don’t see it.

1 Like

From the blog on 10 year jolla: “The next reference device – Sony Xperia 10 III
The next reference device for Sailfish X will be the new Xperia 10 III, which we’re working hard to bring available to all of you in early 2022.”

I hope jolla will fix this nasty bug with the nexte update:

Had to rebbot twice today, because the call functions were down. It’s absolutely unacceptable and I hope there will never be an emergency where I need the phone and can’t use it.

2 Likes