What is the best solution?

Hello to all sailors,

May be my questions are “idiots”, but i’m not a developper but just a user since 2014 :wink:

I have an XA2 (h3113)
My wife have the Intex Aquafish (as Jolla C).

I bought an Xperia X10ii and i will receive it in few days. I will reflash it with Sailfish OS. So i will buy a new licence for it.

Once all my datas from the XA2 is recovered on the X10ii I would give my XA2 to my wife. I think that I could easily put the encrypt µSD card that is on my XA2 into the X10ii without too many problems?.
Do you have any advice on this operation ?

Then, once my X10ii is “stabilized” and functional, I would give the XA2 to my wife. So I’m also going to have to buy a license for her. Then the question that I ask myself is what is the best solution: reflash the XA2 or reinitialize the XA2 ?

The licence is tied to IMEI number & account username. The password can be changed. So if your wife can live with having a phone with your old account username, you can keep the existing licence, and you can create a new Jolla account for your new phone.
New flashing the device will change user name from nemo into defaultuser.

edit: you can’t use your old account with your new phone without buying a new licence! (free or paid)

This sentence is quite confusing for readers since it comes after a paragraph about a different concept of username (that of the Jolla account). I get what you mean, but maybe this minor change wasn’t worth mentioning.

I get what you mean, but maybe this minor change wasn’t worth mentioning.

@fph sorry…