Webbrowser Pinephone don't work

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): OS 3.3
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Pine64
UI LANGUAGE: Netherlands
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:
After starting webbrowser I see its loading but I get no View of the page.
I get a white screen.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Please be more detailed in your bug report. In its current state it’s impossible to help you due to lack of useful information.

1 Like

Yes, this is a known issue with the web-browser stack on Sailfish when using “native” devices such as the Pinephone and Latte tablet, which use Mesa and not the android gfx drivers.

The issue gets worse with 3.4, where the new engine is also used in the email client.

What appears to happen is that the content is internally rendered, but when it comes to the display, everything is white.

I have spent many days debugging this to no avail, and we really need help and input from Jolla devs to sort this out.

5 Likes

Thanks for you reply. Is’t possible to downgrade to a lower version of sailfish where it’s work?

Not unless you go back to 2.something … we do include storeman and webcat in the build as a workaround until its fixed properly.

I have found a web browser named lelig.web which is working. Can I tell Sailfish that this is the standard webbrowser? I thing than we have suffered the problem.