VoLTE support tinkering

so pass-through whole usb controller
problem solved

1 Like

Yes, I’d forgotten about that.

It looks as if /data/data/ is empty… I think that is a part of the reason that the old database might not stick from Android…

Is the VoLTE stack meant to handle the complete VoLTE call or it’s maybe just meant to provide a second network interface over which a SIP call must then be established from a user space process?

The lecture I’ve attended about VoLTE was maybe a decade ago so please excuse my ignorance should things have moved on but as far as I remember it was the latter.

My workaround was to simply redirect the 3G data transfer (anything on 3G) to 4G…

Q: Is there any way to enable VoLTE support without reflash to Android and then again flashing SFOS ? I forgot to enable VoLTE before flashing the phone (1,5 years ago), and do not remember that I ever read this in the Jolla’s flashing guide. Or maybe I overlooked it?

It’s not on their guide. It’s just an idea…

1 Like

And if you want to flash to Andoid, use the EMMA tool.

1 Like

Thank you, then I better wait till Jolla is ready with the VoLTE support and better wait what they will say then. I don’t want to strip the SFOS system with my unqualified experiments… (I’m not a programmer)

2 Likes

Enabling VoLTE in Android alone before flashing won’t do it. I used my 10+ for several weeks with VoLTE enabled before flashing and Sailfish still doesn’t use VoLTE for calls.

It may be necessary to do that to make some other workaround work, but alone it isn’t enough.

3 Likes

What telecom do you have?

It is a known issue that SFOS doesn’t support VoLTE at present time. But I (and it seems, many others, too) did not know that VoLTE has to be enabled in the basic settings of the Sony phone itself. - edit: …before flashing the phone with SFOS. - This is presently not possible by SFOS - edit: after the flashing. - Therefore all the discussions about flashing the phone back to Android, enable VoLTE, flash SFOS again…

My hope is, that Jolla provides a way to enable the hardware support of the Sony phone without reflashing two times, as soon as VoLTE is integrated into SFOS.

1 Like

No clue if this method will do anything at all, but may be necessary to pass data to the correct areas…

1 Like

On Sony XA2 vendor image, there is daemons for IMS (VoLTE) (bin/ims_rtp_daemon, bin/imsdatadaemon and bin/imsqmidaemon) they are present on Android 9 and 10 image but not on Android 8.1 image.

1 Like

How did you extract them?

With command simg2img it can be converted to “normal ext4 disk image” and after that it can be mounted on linux.

2 Likes

On XA2 with Sailfish, Sony vendor image content is on path /odm/

2 Likes

So I can create an image, then mount it onto the other device?

Or can I create the image and decompress it into the same space on the Xperia 10 Plus?