VoLTE provider support

What would be the setup for Red Pocket Mobile in the US for GSMT?

**And what directory should one create besides the two aforementioned?

Thank you,

Red Pocket Mobile GSMT APN Setup:

Name: Red Pocket Mobile

APN: WHOLESALE

Proxy: Not set

Port: 8080

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc

MMS proxy: Not set

MMS port: Not set

MCC: 310

MNC: 280

Authentication Type: None

APN type: Default,mms,supl

APN protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

Updated the Wiki with my testing on Orange/Yoxo Romania with the same results as Vodafone Romania - shows Registered, can call, can be called, can receive SMS, but can’t send SMS.

In both cases this was with default settings, but given that the SMS Message Center has only one address for both sending & receiving, not sure if it’s an issue on my end.

Xperia 10iii, MTS (МТС - Мобильные Теле Системы) - enable VoLTE, then ask provider enable it in my service plan (its free), and after reboot seems it work.

1 Like

@flypig should we create separate bug reports for issues?

(like the one i replied to)

1 Like

Sorry for missing your original query @thigg and thanks for flagging it up. I think creating a separate report would make sense. It may be that there’s a need to run some tests or collect logs, and having a place to discuss that is always useful.

Have added Telia / Phonero and the 10 III over things that are OK.

And due to my use of . in stead of - in the date (Norwegian grammar) the list is now slightly easier to read (i think) :upside_down_face:

While on vacation, I gave Ooredoo Tunisia a go, but it doesn’t register, just blinks when selected (at least on default settings and on prepay). Updated the Wiki.

I tested my Xperia 10 iii on T-mobile in Tampa FL (USA) region and VoLTE works fine for voice and SMS. This is on SFOS 4.4.0.68.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing

On my Xperia 10ii/O2 Germany VoLTE works fine for incoming calls, but for outgoing calls there is still some funny behavior: Sometimes the phone does still switch to 2G, most of the time it does not. Sometimes, there is a calling tone, most of the time there is not. Sometimes, the entire network stack crashes after calling/calling attempt, and, guess what - most of the time it does not:-)
Just my 2 cent

Chris

Can you try to collect logs after this happens?

Yes I will try. I have to find out again how to do this first, though;-)

Look here [wiki] Collecting debug information

same, or at least similar, on 10 III, tmobile usa.
outgoing calls on VoLTE never have audible ringing tone. (everything works correctly, phone says ringing, etc, just cant hear it ring)
calls on 2g ring normally.

i have to restart ofono once a week or so, but i have always had to restart ofono occasionally.

Running 4.4.0.72 on a Sony Xperia 10 ii in the USA. Ordered a US Mobile 4G GSM white sim card and nothing seems to work. Blinking 4G Calling(beta) light.

Have an output of: S264.4 from the scripts in the above responses.

Anyone have any suggestions?

How did you make it work? Seems to load indefinitely for me.

Hi, I just execute these commands as root:

echo mcfg_sw/generic/euro/vodafone/vlvw/cz/mcfg_sw.mbn > /vendor/oem/modem-config/S174.1/modem.conf
echo mcfg_sw/generic/euro/vodafone/vlvw/cz/mcfg_sw.mbn > /vendor/oem/modem-config/S174.2/modem.conf

and restar the phone… After the restart, enable VoLTE in setting and it works. If not, try to look to your Ofono logs.

1 Like

DK Telmore (tdc-net) 10 III 2022-12-8 ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ X

As far as I remember it worked under the previously OS version.

Sadly didn’t work, but thanks anyway!

OK, still trying to get my 10 II to work reliably on T-Mobile in the USA where 4G is(mostly) required. I’ve made a little more progress understanding when it fails and kinda why.

Some background since I last was flailing around in July and August:

In addition to the Xperia, I’ve got a Pinephone running PMOS/Phosh (Edge). This device has Volte support in the modem hardware/firmware. I can pop the T-Mo SIM in the Pinephone and boot it up and it will connect to the network over 4G in a minute or two. It always gets registered, although there are a lot of dead zones for the device and it frequently loses LTE connectivity. Upgrades to the system software and the modem firmware have improved this, but not solved it completely. I wrote a short script to poll the modem manager software and notify me by playing an audio warning when this happens, so now I’ve got a pretty good idea of where the poor reception areas are and when I’m offline. This has helped in further diagnosing the SFOS/Xperia issues . . .

OK, back to the Xperia. Just putting the SIM in the Xperia 10 II doesn’t work. It won’t register with T-Mobile. What I can do is put the SIM in the Pinephone, wait for it to register, then pull out the SIM and pop it immediately into the running – and preferably recently rebooted – Xperia. Now the 10 II will register on the T-Mo network and can be used. This is good until I take the phone somewhere that the Pinephone would lose its LTE connection. The Xperia drops off the network too, but unlike the Pinephone, it doesn’t reconnect when service is restored. Rather, network status becomes: “Denied”.

The reboot, put the SIM in Pinephone, wait for service, then swap SIM back to Xperia procedure usually works to get service back on the Xperia, but this isn’t really practical when out and about to carry 2 phones just so I can swap the SIMs twice to restore service. Also, I don’t know when the service drops on the Xperia, so I can be incommunicado unawares for quite a while.

I post this to see if anyone’s got other ideas, and for anyone in this situation to see if their issues are similar. I’d also like to know if anyone knows a method to check the modem status in SFOS from the command line which I could check occasionally to notify me when the modem gets denied. I’d also also like to know if anybody’s got any suggestions on how to get the Xperia to get un-denied without the SIM switcheroo trick.

3 Likes