VoLTE provider support

As of 4.4.0.72 VoLTE now works for both in- and outgoing calls with O2 simcard.

2 Likes

Volte seems to work now in both directions on telefonica (eplus/o2).
However I had problems calling and being called, couldn’t reproduce this in tests however.

what isn’t working is sending sms when volte is enabled.

(4.4.0.72)

@flypig how should we update the table if the situation changed with .72?

A good question and thanks for asking.

I think it makes sense to keep the table up-to-date with the most recent release, so if something changes (either for better or worse) then it makes sense to edit the table to reflect this.

The calls (and mobile data) crash on my 10Ii now frequently when calling with volte. (telefonica/alditalk)

1. Bluetooth headset connected, working fine
  2. I call
  3. No ringtone
  4. Message, telling me that recipient is not available starts playing via phone speaker for 1 second
  5. Call hangs up
  6. Mobile connection crashes, no network at all
  7. Reconnects

should i create a separate bug report? Can I collect helpful logs somehow?

After some fiddling (4.4.0.72), got my Bulgarian provider Yettel running on VoLTE. A bit of a problem since it wasn’t listed in getprop. So, in order to find your VoLTE SIM config ID, check this XML:

As you can see, the providers are listed by their MCC/MNC and no names. To find a provider MCC/MNC, you can either check your CSD or NetMon tools on the phone, or check some provider listing, for instance this one in Wikipedia (first three numbers are MCC, the rest - MNC):

Since my provider was Telenor, before they sold it to Yettel, I just copied the Telenor Norway config (S260.1) to a new Yettel one (S232.1)

Provider: Yettel
Device model: 10 II
Voice in: ✓
Voice out: ✓
SMS in: ✓
SMS out: ✓

Have fun finding yours. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Same problem on my end.

I am in the US, using T-Mobile service from Red Pocket (GSMT). Following your instructions, VoLTE calling is now working. I am able to send and receive MMS. Thank you!

2 Likes

Could you add this to the chart above?

1 Like

Added Red Pocket GSMT (T-Mobile SIM) to the provider list.

1 Like

has anyone figured out how to use VoLTE when roaming abroad?

It works perfectly on both my 10ii and 10iii when in my home country (France), but whenever I travel abroad, I can’t get VoLTE.

1 Like

Same here. I kept getting messages from EE (Optus) in Australia telling me my area was 4G calls only, so please could I enable this feature on my phone. The 4G calling light just kept blinking forever. EE VoLTE works fine in my home country of the UK.

AT HOT xperia 10 ii, not registered

Hello, I tried these steps from: Sailfish 4.4 T mobile network denied

And that resolved the “denied” status! And the phone is back on T-Mobile network.

(I tried this on Sony 10 Xperia III, after trying the SIM card on another phone; and then replaced the SIM card with a new one, and “denied” status did not change)

# Make sure repositories point to right version
devel-su ssu re 4.4.0.58
devel-su ssu rr adaptation-common
devel-su -p pkcon refresh
devel-su -p pkcon install ofono-ril-binder-plugin
# Reboot device
devel-su -p version --dup

Of course, update the version number in “$ devel-su ssu re 4.4.0.58” to proper one.

Thanx

Would it be possible to provide what settings you do have MMS settings, and data access point settings, and other settings to have MMS work for T-Mobile on Sony 10 Xperia III, in the US?

MMS is not working with my Sony on T-Mobile service, not sending nor receiving. And I do not mind going with Red Pocket, already have a service with them.

Thanks

This solution helped:

don’t get this:
i shall create a folder with S139.1 ok
then create modem.conf in it ok
but how should the content of that file look like ?
just some
…/…/firmware_mnt/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/generic/euro …

and if i cant find hot nor magenta in generic/euro/ what then ?

Sure. See screenshots below from my 10 ii. Red Pocket GSMT (T-Mobile SIM).

Roger

1 Like

Updated the Wiki with my testing on Vodafone Romania, for some reason I can’t send SMS with the setting on, but otherwise it’s fine - shows Registered, can call, can be called, can receive SMS.
I have an Orange Romania SIM available also, so will update when I get the chance to try it.

1 Like

What would be the setup for Red Pocket Mobile in the US for GSMT?

**And what directory should one create besides the two aforementioned?

Thank you,

Red Pocket Mobile GSMT APN Setup:

Name: Red Pocket Mobile

APN: WHOLESALE

Proxy: Not set

Port: 8080

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc

MMS proxy: Not set

MMS port: Not set