Volla Installation guide

The question is can you get to a fastboot prompt?

I know and the answer is no as of now. ;-/

Holy cow…I flashed again with spflash5 and selected Firmware Upgrade instead of Download with all boxes checked and now I have a regular Volla OS that can go into fastboot mode. Because I rock!

@ flinkevend You might find this interesting!

5 Likes

Hah! You rock!

So, to make it clear for everyone:

1. have bricked rephone (probably also GS5)
  2. have firmware you tried to install in ~/.cache/ubports/mimameid/firmware/unpacked/
  3. have ~/bin/SP_Flash_Tool_v6.2228_Linux/ (or other os version?)
  4. choose scatter file from above firmware folder
  5. Check all,
  6. Firmware Upgrade

that about right?

1 Like

Minor edit:

• before flashing use mtkclient with “mtk payload” command and connected Rephone with USB by pressing Vol/Up+Vol/Down+Power. mtkclient then delivers a payload to set the phone into BROM mode without authentication for flashing.
  • I used spflash version 5
4 Likes

Ah, cool to know the all buttons method works. And you used the older version of Spflash. Interesting.

@lispy @poetaster YEEHAA!!! My Rephone is working again. I followed your steps @lispy. SP-Flash tool grumbeld at super.img (to large). But recovery-mode worked. I tried to install volla.zip by adb sideload. And here we are again. Thank you so much!!!

5 Likes

Great news! I hate it, if stuff gets wasted…

4 Likes

Good news! Congrats!!

1 Like

Hi

i have bricked my rephone too. But i am on windows, so i don´t have the (there is no) firmware in ubports folder.
Were else can i download the firmware?
And which is the scatter file?

regards

Could someone please post the needed files to make the rephone… Restore :slight_smile:
on my linux mint laptop i dont find the files from ub port installer:-(

Did you use Ubports previously ? If so, the files are in: ~/.cache/ubports/mimameid/firmware/unpacked/
the ~ being path to home (/home/you).

3 Likes

If you used the Ubports installer to do an install, the files are there ‘somewhere’. Maybe search for specific files like : preloader_k69v1_64.bin that should show where the files are (including the scatter, et. al.)

yes i have found it
the path is C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\ubports\mimameid\firmware\unpacked
i tried to load the scatter file MT6768_Android_scatter.txt but i fails.
the flashtool needs ./download_agent/flash.xml but i dont have that file because i have not taken a backup bevor flashing.
can you send me the flash.xml?

You need to follow the steps that @lispy followed.

1. Get spflash5 for windows
  2. before flashing use mtkclient with “mtk payload” command and connected Rephone with USB by pressing Vol/Up+Vol/Down+Power. mtkclient then delivers a payload to set the phone into BROM mode without authentication for flashing.
  3. download with the scatter file, but the upgrade firmware action with all boxes checked after loading the scatter file. @lispy, sound about right?

EDIT: GitHub - bkerler/mtkclient: MTK reverse engineering and flash tool

1 Like

Yeah now it works
i had the wrong version of flash tool. With version 5 as @lispy said, it works.
btw i did not use mtkclient with “mtk payload”.
thx for your help.

ps: the volla boot logo loooooooks nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, cool. So you only did the ‘firmware upgrade’ with the files from ubports and the version 5 flasher. That’s really easy! Thanks!

yes i did “only” install volla 22 with ubports. That resulted in the phone no longer starting up (black screen and white LED).
Then i did firmware update with the version 5 of the flasher.
At the retrospect it was realy very easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

As soon as I plug in my rephone only red lights up
LED…nothing else happens :-(((( screen black…
no connection to the flash tool

trotzdem DANKE
bekomme heute oder morgen neues Rephone (Projekt Jugend forscht) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you try with the spflash tool in version 5? That sounds really simple if you only need to point it at
~/.cache/ubports/mimameid/firmware/unpacked/ (the MT6768_Android_scatter.txt file) and choose to ‘upgrade firmware’.