VNC Client for 10iii

Thanks for the suggestion, but Jolla is not supporting android on Gemini, and I am not experienced enough to compile the missing kernel modules for waydroid. :slight_smile:

No. If you could install it from chum (and not download an RPM and force rpm installation) then all the deps are already satisfied.

If it’s not working something else must be the reason.

1 Like

Yes indeed the chum version.
Maybe I misunderstood the interface. From the pulldown menu, I get “About” & “Connect”

In connect, I can input VNC Server URL, and I have a slider with three options for Quality.

If I enter a server URL such as 192.168.x.y or 192.168.x.y:5900 and proceed by clicking accept, the menu I just was at dissapears to the left, and I just have the classic blurry sailfish background, where I yet again have access to the pulldown menu.

thank for commenting btw

It looks like you’ll have to specify the port as well. Usually that’s 5900.

I tried to specify the port separated by a single colon, but I guess technically since the field is called URI, I should set a protocol prefixing the IP

@poetaster: I tried to find the part in the code, that handles sailjail, but i did not succeed. Could you please give me a hint where I have to look for it?
Thanks in advance,

Lukas

You can copy the file: /usr/share/applications/harbour-vncscreen.desktop to /etc/sailjail/applications/
and add two lines to that file:

[X-Sailjail]
Sandboxing=disabled

Thank you very much for the fast and concrete reply. I will test it on weekend, but I am pretty sure it will work. I will respond here, when done.
BR

Lukas

1 Like