USSDs not working in Xperia XA2 ULTRA dual sim

REPRODUCIBILITY (100%):
BUILD ID = OS VERSION 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (XA2 Ultra Dual Sim):
UI LANGUAGE:English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release:?):

DESCRIPTION:

Using the call app to dial ussds ever since version 3.2 i cannot properly use the ussd codes, it only returns a response the first time but after that it states the operation is already in progress and i get stuck. The issue isnt with one time response ussd codes, like requesting for balance or checking imei but rather if one request services that require several responses in the ussd window. It seems after running the ussd code, the pop up that returns is okay but if you try entering feedback or responding to it, lets say choose 1 for this or 2 for this it doesn’t work, from my tinkering i have to wait until an argument is not recognized feedback then i can continue without hiccups.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: According to my network provider)

1. Dial 14830# (pop up menu appears)
  2. Select any option (eg. 1 for bundle, 2 for balance)

EXPECTED RESULT:

Requested pop up menu with further selection options to choose from

ACTUAL RESULT:

Instead of returning the appropriate pop up response i get a operation already in progress even if i repeat my entry, the a problem with service request pop up appears and after that the response is properly registered and i can proceed to my service. This is a tedious bug

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

This issue has been reported in https://together.jolla.com/question/221109/ussd-codes-not-working/ but there is still no solution.

4 Likes

… but they are working when you initiate them from the Info Services App.

Hi, I have the same bug in my Experia X : 3.2 ; 3.3. and 3.4EA

Same issue. USSDs don’t work as described in the report.

Ha! I just noticed the thread was started more than a year ago. Guess it’s one of those bugs with super-low priority.

Yes. Now that I tried I need to confirm this as well (XA2, 4.3.0)

Going to linked TJC thread it was almost 2 years ago!

Or not noticed at all?
Or not at all in their internal bug tracker?
Or not seen as need-to-solve?
Or?

We are just in the dark…

how can we raise.awareness

Raising this thread from the dead… Has this bug been resolved by Jolla yet? It’s a serious blocker for me to even consider a new SFOS device

1 Like

Until now I don’t know how to test, but you can still use the Info Services app as workaround. I’ll edit once I can test on my X10 II.

Edit: Seems not to work.

I confirm that the bug was not solved in Sailfish OS ver 4.4.0.58 at least for Xperia X dual sim!

I can confirm too on the XA2 ultra

And suprisingly it has been carried over to the Xperia 10iii

Thanks for the bug report, and for checking it on new versions of the OS. I’ve created a report on our internal tracker and so have tagged this as “tracked.”

2 Likes

Please take a log of the entire sequence (from the initial request to the point when it gets stuck) with Ofono Logger app and send the tarball to slava.monich@jolla.com. There must be something unusual about USSD messages that you’re receiving from your provider.

1 Like

Thank you Will do so today

I have sent you the log let me know if you require anything

Guys im happy to say its finally fixed…

1 Like

Its fixed you can jump over

1 Like

Hi
on ER 4.5.0.16 I have tested and
it’s fixed for xperia 10III but not for xperia x