Upgrade Inoi R7 to 4.2?

Hello together.
Has anyone upgraded an Inoi R7 to Sailfish OS-RUS 4.2? The last working upgrade was 4.0.1.48.
I didn’t find any information about any further development of Sailfish OS-RUS of OMP. Perhaps OMP switched completly to Aurora OS and skipped Sailfish OS away?
Thanx for a reply

1 Like

Hello sailors,
same here: since 4.0.1.48 my R7 received no more updates.
Could one of the “knowing” (i.e. with relations to Rostelecom, OMP, Jolla or others) please inform us about the state of this device?
Tnx in advance!

1 Like

240 views and no reply? No one knows or is willing to tell? Come on sailors (especially staff of Jolla, OMP and Rostelecom)…

1 Like

Yes Sailors and Jolla staff! There must be enough knowledge about sailfish OS RUS on Inoi devices and the development road / plan of OMP. Somebody has to know if OMP stop any further development/upgrade of this OS as Aurora emerges the world. If SFOS RUS died a lonely death, please let us know. Then RIP.
Thanx a lot

1 Like

Well, no useful reply since three months…

I love SFOS, but this kind of (non-) communication is really frustrating…

Aurora emerges the world? That’s probably rather a Russian-centric point of view:-)
I always thought Aurora was somewhat government-only. Do peiple in Russia buy Aurora phones? And is there an Aurora app store rpm we could play with on SfOS?

Aurora OS is the new name of Sailfish OS RUS, nothing more.
So, yes “OMP switched completely to Aurora OS”, but no they did not “skip Sailfish OS away”.

Still AFAIK you are correctly assessing that for the old INOI R7 “the last working upgrade was [/ is] 4.0.1.48”.

1 Like

Yes OK but afaik Aurora OS devices do not feature Android support, are sold only in Russia and come with a dedicated appstore.
Probably these devices are probably not rooted/rootable? Otherwise it would probably be pretty easy to extract/copy the Aurora app store and provide the rpm.
The fact that I’ve never seen an Aurora-appstore in the wild, nor some apps , makes it obvious to me that either the Aurora phones are not widely used even in Russia or (and) that they are probably pretty well locked up.
So, again. Are Aurora OS devices in the shelfes in Russia and are people really buying them? Sorry, just curious :slight_smile:

Which also applied to all devices with SailfishOS RUS, e.g., the INOI R7 and T10.

Otherwise it would probably be pretty easy to extract/copy the Aurora app store and provide the rpm.
The fact that I’ve never seen an Aurora-appstore in the wild, nor some apps , makes it obvious to me that either the Aurora phones are not widely used even in Russia or (and) that they are probably pretty well locked up.

Does it?
I think terms and conditions which do not allow that, plus IP geolocation to determine which devices are allowed to contact an Store server are fully sufficient to let such experiments become impractical.
And mind that one needs a valid login to use the Jolla Store, too; without such a login the Jolla Store app is pretty useless.

There are currently no consumer devices with Aurora OS in Russia, existing devices are for state-owned enterprises only. As far as I know, Inoi R7 was the only device with Sailfish OS Rus ever sold in stores.

Thanks for clarification! I was looking for second hand Aurora phones e.g. on ebay rus but couldn’t find any. This explains why.

Just for your information:
R7 was sold in Russia only, but it uses a normal Jolla-Account and the official Jolla app store / repos (as all other supported devices).
Therefor it would be nice if Jolla could drop a line here (as from a technical point of view I can not imagine a reason why 4.0.1.48 should be the end of the line for this device).

Hej guys. I wondered how the inoi r7 and other devices (with SFOS) perform the update/upgrade process?? There were other devices with Sailfish OS except the sony series.
Is the manufacturer responsible to deliver the updates? AFAIK on Android phones updates come directly from google, so you don’t care about the manufacturer of the device. So for the inoi R7 the updates come from OMP, but they stop developing Sailfish RUS and switched completely to Autoroa, wich is not available to “normal” users and the world.
I thought if i have an jolla account, the updates come from jolla servers?
Any further ideas?

You should be able to see where updates would/should come from by issuing ssu lr as root (devel-su) in Terminal or over ssh - you have to enable developer mode for this.

1 Like

OK thanx. There is a jolla customers/omp repo. This must be the Problem, that the inoi r7 can’t Update Higher than 4.0.1.48?
Customer-omp-ru. Can i Change this repo to a different repo to Upgrade to 4.2 or Higher?
Thanx

By looking from the far distance the device resembles hw wise to the JollaC/Aqua fish.

I doubt that you will get official answer for this case from Jolla other than no it does not supprted.
If I were you I would be look into Coderus’s Aquafish Jolla C ifying method. What it does, how it does, etc. and try to apply to your device.

What are the urls, maybe they can be browsed with a user agent* to see what versions are published

*browser

Hej there. I found globally enabled repos:

beside user enabled repos.
The global repos are write protected and are not visible through a browser (Authentification required / Access denied / 403 forbidden). So can’t see whats released sind 4.0.1.48 in difference to all user enabled repos.

I’ll try Coderus’s Aquafish Jolla C ifying method.

CU

After disabling customer-omp-ru I’ll applied Coderus’ method and upgrade Inoi R7 from 4.0.1.48 to 4.1.0.24 Kvarken and to 4.2.0.21 (YES!). Upgrades can only be realised on command line (terminal), the gui in settings won’t work (openrepos apps were delete before update). Next upgrade to 4.3.0.12 and settings-app works again, so I upgraded to 4.3.0.15 to 4.5.0.19. All camera-apps suck / crashes since 4.3.0.15 (why?).
So what’s the result:

• System is up to date.
  • WLAN/Wifi, Blutetooth working
  • No Camera-App (nor the QR-Code Reader) works → /usr/bin/killall minimediaservice → sucks
    → Just test image mit colour bars und pixeled window
    → /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv2S3D_adresno.so not found (using Wayland)
  • GPS (gpsinfo, PureMaps, Maep) not working (same as camera lib missing)

Any idea how to fix this? Is it a wayland problem or only missing EGL libraries?

Thanx

2 Likes

Does “Coderus’ method” address this guide at TJC: [How-to] Make Aqua Fish to think it’s Jolla C [not modem]?

Note that you omitted SailfishOS 4.4.0, which is a stop-release (as all SailfishOS 4.x.0 releases; the point release number (i.e., fourth field) does not matter), as an intermediate step. One must not “jump over” any stop release; if you do, flaws must be expected, which are hard to impossible to resolve without resorting to re-flashing.

But AFAIU, with 4.3.0.12 all was working fine, but after upgrading to 4.3.0.15 the camera app started crashing and displaying a “test image” with colour bars and pixeled window. This is unexpected, as the changes between 4.3.0.12 and 4.3.0.15 were minimal and did not alter anything related to the camera app or the camera module (i.e., the camera hardware), for details see Changelog_from_4.3.0.12_to_4.3.0.15.md.

You seem to have observed some error message that /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv2S3D_adresno.so is missing, correct? BTW, is the file-name absolutely correct, I wonder about the adresno? You may try to save it before the upgrade and restore it afterwards. This is best done on RPM level, so execute rpm -qf /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv2S3D_adresno.so to determine which RPM package provided the library which is missing on 4.3.0.15; this has to be done, when everything is working fine, i.e., on 4.2.0.* and / or 4.3.0.12 (I would rather do it twice in different directories and check if the downloaded RPM files are really identical by diff -q <file_a> <file_b>, which outputs nothing if they are exactly the same). Then download that RPM file as root by pkcon download . <name_of_RPM-file>. Later (when the camera etc. are failing due to the missing so-file) you can install the downloaded RPM file by pkcon install-local <name_of_RPM-file>.

HTH!

P.S.: I do not comprehend, what you try to express with “→ /usr/bin/killall minimediaservice → sucks” and " GPS (gpsinfo, PureMaps, Maep) not working (same as camera lib missing)". Can you please elaborate these two statements a bit, the people may be able to provide better help.

3 Likes