Upgrade Inoi R7 to 4.2?

Hello together.
Has anyone upgraded an Inoi R7 to Sailfish OS-RUS 4.2? The last working upgrade was 4.0.1.48.
I didn’t find any information about any further development of Sailfish OS-RUS of OMP. Perhaps OMP switched completly to Aurora OS and skipped Sailfish OS away?
Thanx for a reply

1 Like

Hello sailors,
same here: since 4.0.1.48 my R7 received no more updates.
Could one of the “knowing” (i.e. with relations to Rostelecom, OMP, Jolla or others) please inform us about the state of this device?
Tnx in advance!

1 Like

240 views and no reply? No one knows or is willing to tell? Come on sailors (especially staff of Jolla, OMP and Rostelecom)…

1 Like

Yes Sailors and Jolla staff! There must be enough knowledge about sailfish OS RUS on Inoi devices and the development road / plan of OMP. Somebody has to know if OMP stop any further development/upgrade of this OS as Aurora emerges the world. If SFOS RUS died a lonely death, please let us know. Then RIP.
Thanx a lot

1 Like

Well, no useful reply since three months…

I love SFOS, but this kind of (non-) communication is really frustrating…

Aurora emerges the world? That’s probably rather a Russian-centric point of view:-)
I always thought Aurora was somewhat government-only. Do peiple in Russia buy Aurora phones? And is there an Aurora app store rpm we could play with on SfOS?

Aurora OS is the new name of Sailfish OS RUS, nothing more.
So, yes “OMP switched completely to Aurora OS”, but no they did not “skip Sailfish OS away”.

Still AFAIK you are correctly assessing that for the old INOI R7 “the last working upgrade was [/ is] 4.0.1.48”.

1 Like

Yes OK but afaik Aurora OS devices do not feature Android support, are sold only in Russia and come with a dedicated appstore.
Probably these devices are probably not rooted/rootable? Otherwise it would probably be pretty easy to extract/copy the Aurora app store and provide the rpm.
The fact that I’ve never seen an Aurora-appstore in the wild, nor some apps , makes it obvious to me that either the Aurora phones are not widely used even in Russia or (and) that they are probably pretty well locked up.
So, again. Are Aurora OS devices in the shelfes in Russia and are people really buying them? Sorry, just curious :slight_smile:

Which also applied to all devices with SailfishOS RUS, e.g., the INOI R7 and T10.

Otherwise it would probably be pretty easy to extract/copy the Aurora app store and provide the rpm.
The fact that I’ve never seen an Aurora-appstore in the wild, nor some apps , makes it obvious to me that either the Aurora phones are not widely used even in Russia or (and) that they are probably pretty well locked up.

Does it?
I think terms and conditions which do not allow that, plus IP geolocation to determine which devices are allowed to contact an Store server are fully sufficient to let such experiments become impractical.
And mind that one needs a valid login to use the Jolla Store, too; without such a login the Jolla Store app is pretty useless.

There are currently no consumer devices with Aurora OS in Russia, existing devices are for state-owned enterprises only. As far as I know, Inoi R7 was the only device with Sailfish OS Rus ever sold in stores.

Thanks for clarification! I was looking for second hand Aurora phones e.g. on ebay rus but couldn’t find any. This explains why.

Just for your information:
R7 was sold in Russia only, but it uses a normal Jolla-Account and the official Jolla app store / repos (as all other supported devices).
Therefor it would be nice if Jolla could drop a line here (as from a technical point of view I can not imagine a reason why 4.0.1.48 should be the end of the line for this device).