Updating tablet> fails

So i tried to do the last little update on my tablet and see if i could understand anything about the positioning issues. Basic stuff like checking versions etc…

But the update would not show up in the GUI, so i went to the terminal…
The regular song and dance ensued, but it keeps failing half way through:

Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: warning: /var/cache/pk-zypp-cache/packages/adaptation0/i486/droid-bin-tbj-0.0.18-1.2.5.jolla.i486.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 47394f23: NOKEY

I have tried clearing the cache and force installing that specific package as well… but nothing seems to let the update complete.
I’m afraid to turn it off now…

Any ideas?

1 Like

Hmm, perhaps it is a bit of a false error message.
These seemingly unrelated issues have it:

I guess i could be out of space somehow…

There is a chance that the actual error message is in /var/log/zypp/history.

Does that file say anything useful?

Typo…? Does exist (for devs)?

Uhm, really stupid question but what did

du -hsc

tell you? the last time I had the cpio errors it really was a user partition full problem …

Yes, a typo. Well spotted.
(Not one i repeated in the process itself fortunately)

Hmm, that says 281MB… but the gui says 682MB. Weird.

BTW, the log file created by Jolla’s GUI updater’s last run is at: /var/log/systemupdate.log

1 Like

I wonder if it is worth reiterating that I did not write sfos-upgrade out of altruism, but because years ago I frequently ran into issues (too little space on root-volume → upgrade fails half-way, low battery → hectically searching for a charger while an upgrade was running, etc.) when manually upgrading SailfishOS at the command line. Ultimately sfos-upgrade does the same (ssu re <release> && version --dup), but with tons of safety checks prepended and typos at the command line having no practical impact.


So I didn’t dare the update directly to 4.5.x, but tried → first.

Exactly the same issue here (RPM failed etc.). When I tried to install the failing rpm manually, it said that disk space was too low and it required at least 78 MB of disk space. Now, there were some 300 MB free in / from what I could see. But the root partition is way too small, so I booted the tablet into rescue mode and after some LVM resizing there is now a root disk with a size of 4.7 GB.

Now I’ll try the update to