Update to 4.0.1.45 fails (Attempts: 1. partly downloaded[?], 2. "waiting for connection")

HARDWARE: XA2

DESCRIPTION:

Download not possible after failed update.

There are two things which are odd:

• That the update fails in the first place (maybe because only a part of the packages were downloaded?)
  • That download is not possible anymore after the first failed update (see below)

PRECONDITIONS:

• Uninstalled apps that are incompatible

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

I don’t know, if it is reproduceable.

1. Starting update procedure in settings
  2. Since download was quite fast, I assume now that only part of the update (packages) were downloaded
  3. Restarting for applying changes failed quite fast, error message tells that I shall try it later, phone rebooted

EXPECTED RESULT:

• Retry of upgrade procedure should work

ACTUAL RESULT:

• Now when triggereing download in the settings’ page, it hangs on “waiting for connection”. After some minutes it cancels.

Btw: No problems with internet connection. Everything else is working smoothly.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

1 Like

Today I tried to update in the terminal:

Changing release from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.45
Your device is now in release mode!
WARNING: DBus call failed, falling back to libssu: Message recipient disconnected from message bus without replying
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'zypp::parser::ParseException'
  what():  /etc/zypp/repos.d/ssu_openrepos-Acce_release.repo: Section [openrepos-Acce]: Line 8 contains garbage (no '=' or ':/?|,\' in key)
Abortado
[root@XperiaXA2-DualSIM nemo]# vi /etc/zypp/repos.d/ssu_openrepos-Acce_release.repo
[root@XperiaXA2-DualSIM nemo]# cat /etc/zypp/repos.d/ssu_openrepos-Acce_release.repo
[openrepos-Acce]
name=openrepos-Acce
enabled=1
autorefresh=0
baseurl=plugin:ssu?repo=openrepos-Acce
type=rpm-md
gpgcheck=0
epos-Acce

I recognized that also e.g. Warehouse or pkcon refresh did not work.

I did as described in https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005795474-Installing-an-OS-update-fails-download-worked- Chapter “Troubleshooting” and removed all 3rd party repos. Even then pkcon refresh did not work until I rebooted.

Now ssu release 4.0.1.45 and version --dup seems to work.

I had similar issue at some point. One openrepos repository entry had corrupted in the corresponding file, but I can’t remember the file anymore… I can look it up later.

1 Like

I removed all openrepos repositories and followed the trouble shooting guide. I can confirm that a reboot is needed after all repos have been removed for a refresh to work. I’m now downloading the latest upgrade.

1 Like

It was /etc/zypp/repos.d/ssu_openrepos_*_release.repo. Can’t remember the exact file anymore. Check them out, the corruption really stands out. If it is there, that is.

How to remove open repositories? Or how to run File Browser as admin?