Update Issues and problems

This is my 1st time updating SFOS. I am still a newbie.

I waited a couple of days after the release, downloaded the update, plugged the phone in and clicked “install”. Then I got busy at work and when I came back there was a message “Sailfish OS can not be updated at this time.”

Went back to updates and clicked “check for updates” and just the “update is available for download message” but just get “waiting for connection”. Tried it with my vpn both off an on.

Now it shows “software is up to date” but I am still on 4.4.0.72. A moment ago I got “problem with network” error flash across the screen for a split second, but couldn’t read more of the message.

I tried rebooting.

Got to “preparing update” and it hung there for about 5 minutes then “download available” popped back up. Now it has been hung on “waiting for connection” for about 5 minutes.

It shouldn’t matter, but I am currently in Thailand with my vpn set to Singapore.

Sounds like an unreliable network either locally or on the other end of the vpn. It is after all a huge download.

Well, I have tried wifi at home and wifi at work, both with and without the vpn turned on. I have to assume the problem is on the Jolla end if it is network.

downloaded the update, plugged the phone in and clicked “install”. Then I got busy at work and when I came back there was a message “Sailfish OS can not be updated at this time.”

I have the exact same issue on my Xperia 10 III.
Update installation failed and showed a button for reboot.
I was at home with Wifi during the first download and still am. Internet works fine otherwise.
After the reboot I have the notification about the available update, but the download does not start, “waiting for connection”.

Edit: I just noticed there is a message for on entering the settings page, which disappears so fast had to take a screenshot to be able to read it:

So it complains about missing storage space where there are 2.2GB free on the system partition.

It appears OSM SCOUT is the problem. From what I am reading once it is removed there is enough space in the system partition for the update.

My problem is CHUM can’t update the repository and therefore won’t open. I can seem to remove anything via terminal using pkcon remove…it just hangs up.

This update bullsh** reminds me of the nightmare updates for my Jingpad that eventually led me to install Android on it!!

Try Storeman.
20 Chars