Unencrypted, FAT sdcard doesn't properly mount via GUI

I see no reason to format a card that has been working for years and everywhere. For test purposes i tried to format that card:

but at the same time the SDCARD is already mounted in /run/media/defaultuser and accessible via File Browser. The only GUI Storage doesn’t work and BACKUP function as well.

For testing purposes I have created a new partition and formatted it as FAT32 on Linux Desktop in the sdcard and that changes nothing as it comes to the issue.

With a new SD Card?

How? Using gparted? I’ll try to reproduce on my X10 II.

Yes, gparted. The one of sdcards I have.

Could you give all information please? Which partition table did you choose? Don’t hesitate to give too much information.

Partition table = dos and format as FAT32. That is all.

1 Like

I did the same and it works :frowning:
Maybe you should send per post the SD Card to Jolla…

Is it possible you installed an extra software from OpenRepos which may impact your system?

It is always possible but these sdcards and phones had been working until 2.4.0.58 update. Maybe some leftovers started to interact with that update.
I find that it is not sdcard format related but storage card management.

I have made an attempt to debug this issue and after manual unmount:
udisksctl unmount -b /dev/mmcblk1p1
storage GUI started to behave as it suppose to. Now, even after a phone restart everything works properly. I don’t know how is it possible but it looks like I have fixed that issue.
edit:
The second phone is fixed the same way.