Understand the network

Remember that Jolla only provides one half of the equation. So they do all they can to protect that. That’s surely why you’re here. Why you have or want a Sailfish phone. They protect your voice and data across the network. Stop prying eyes and listening ears.

The other half, the network, is out of their control. Location? They have no control over that.

This is cellular radio. “CELLULAR”.

The system is based on cells. Much like honeycomb.

Some reading about the design of cellular systems for those that may be interested in the technology behind the system not the phone.

It’s why it’s so easy to track you; and it learns. Your habits, your routes. Turn it off from time to time, take a different route home. Vary your schedule. Don’t be predictable. It’s a sad state of affairs that we are here but here we are!!

Happy sailing…

Wouldn’t it be better to never go home, just stay outside in different locations? :laughing:

If you don’t wanna get tracked using the cellular network, stop using a mobile phone or get different sim cards from different carriers.

2 Likes

Get a dumb phone, and leave it at home… always! :thinking:

I’m pleased to see you added the “smiley” miao!

Are you stalking me ? :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t it be better to stay at home and never go out? Or do you want to get away from the family that much!! :wink:

You and I would be tracked for different reasons I’m sure. Certainly who would be interested would be.

How many people are going to keep changing their SIM and therefore their number during the day? Yep, it’s a good strategy but impractical for most people.

They are interested in you for commercial reasons. You are a cash cow. Have you ever been at the Mall and received an SMS from a local store?

eson

There are some great dumb phones out there.

Well done! Leave it at home. I think that is really sensible. Then it doesn’t matter what sort of fone it is does it? Why do you need to have a mobile on you the whole time? Are you THAT important?

My point is that if it has a SIM card it will log on to an HLR or a VLR. Doesn’t matter what style of fone it is.

That’s why you should leave it at home. Makes it kind of a stationary phone from old times.
Not much fun though…

1 Like

You edited your post and added

“Not much fun though”

I don’t know your age or your demographic but find that an interesting addendum…

I’m old, in relation to most other forum members. A white, non urban male who likes to keep up with my time. I’m also retired tech.

So I’m guessing you’re ex Ericsson and, excuse my language, bored to fuck.

Coder, Ops, Install?

Mostly install, some ops, but never Ericsson.
Actually my education was Ericsson aimed, but I managed to get away. :wink:

2 Likes

That made me laugh out loud.

So come on, what kit?

No kit. I’m a self made man, minding my own shit.

1 Like

So how can we feed and stimulate that brain then?

I don’t think you can actually. Contribute positively to SFOS, and you will make me and others happy.

4 Likes

If you are really worried, better get different phones for your different SIM cards, so you can’t be tracked with the phones IMEI. And don’t bring the different phones to same location (at least while their batteries are connected).

2 Likes