Unable to use mobile data on Sony Xperia 10 III 4.4.0.64

To add some extra information about my situation in case it helps. I’m used to stream audio on my commuting way where there is a tunnel with no connection, Xperia X had some issue, but now it reconnects fine. With first use of Xperia 10 III today, I had to restarting network connectivity via Sailfish Utilities (wifi logo state was connection ongoing).

SIM2 is used by sd card and VoLTE not enabled.

Have a nice day.

I added this issue to the list to discuss at next community meeting. It’s in the middle of the night for me; is anyone else able to make it as a substitute to ensure the issue is brought up? @jessica @miau @ender ?

Unfortunately I’ll be travelling so won’t be able to make it either.

Just for completion sake: All my issues are gone since switching to sim2 (haven’t tried enabling volte on it) and at least for me mobile network connectivity on XIII works better than on jollaC which from around 4.x started having hiccups that would require turning mobile data on/off to get going again every now and then

2 Likes

@Cyberlyra

Sorry, i can’t make it either to the community meeting.

Switching to SIM2 made no difference for me and this is also not an option for everyone who wants to use an SD-card.

2 Likes

Just want to point to this issue that might be related:

I’m not 100% sure if I stumbled around the same issue, but please have a look at my bug report too. I didn’t change the SIM card from slot 1, but with some tweaking, I am able to have full connectivity with VoLTE enabled.

Thanks to @cyberlyra for connecting these issues!

Thanks for showing up, @direc85 !
If the issues are indeed connected it could solve a lot of problems in one go.

1 Like

i get this issue constantly as well. about half the time, the cause is that i have two default IPv6 routes. removing the incorrect gateway fixes it. the other half of the time, i have no idea what causes it, but i have no mobile network

disabling VoLTE and restarting ofono fully breaks my mobile network stack, tho, and i must fully reboot to get mobile data working again.

disabling VoLTE and NOT restarting ofono fixes it sporadically.

also, i cannot just remove IPv6 routing as my telecom (T-Mobile USA) requires IPv6 for MMS.

The same issue with my Xperia 10 iii.
For me this did the trick: disable 4g and choose only IPv4. Enable roaming. Reenable internet.

for the last two days I have no “limited connection” issues. I am keep looking.

No VoLTE, SIM1 slot, Yettel.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi! I have same problems. Now while I’m travelling I cannot connect mobile network. My trip started Finland then Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania. All these countries mobile net worked well. Then Poland mobile doesn’t work at all. Then Czech worked and Hungary also. Now in Croatia it don’t work. My sim is Finnish Elisa saunalahti. I tried all whats in this tread. Help is needed.

Mobile network shows “Internet available”, but it cannot connect…

1 Like

Sadly the problem came back. I went for vacations for Balkans. Was ok till last EU country (Hungary) the roaming was working ok. But for Bosnia, Montenegro and Albania i had to switch to theirs loclal SIM cards. Once i comeback to EU i switched to my Plus SIM, turn on roaming, im no longer able to use mobile data. The same error as before appears. So reflashing is no way to deal with… Good i always have my Iphone SE with me. So to sum up, X10III is not ready, atleast with traveling, you dont want to end up with not working mobile data, hotspot nor navigation…

1 Like

In my experience with XA2 Ultra back when it had problems and currently with Xperia 10iii, the “works when moving the SIM to slot2” problems can also be solved by:

• turning on slot2 (even if it is empty)
  • then turning off slot1
  • then turning back on slot 1
  • and now leave as-is (both slots on)

In that case, I don’t sacrifice my SD slot.

(and in my specific case, connection not working on the Xperia 10iii when roaming abroad, the problems got solved by flashing Android 11 / 62.0.A.9.11 with newsflasher, the reflashing Sailfish from a dd backup. Other people have also reported success with 62.0.A.3.107)

I am facing the same issues. Sony Xperia 10 III, bought last week, updated to the latest Android version and flashed Sailfish 4.4.0.68, Telenor (Sweden). I have tried all the tricks mentioned here, did not work for me. I checked my Android phone, copied settings from there (they were different from the default ones):

• APN: services.telenor.se
  • Protocol: IP
  • Auth: PAP
  • Username and password - empty
    Unfortunately, these settings don’t work either. The same SIM works in another phone. Going to submit a bug report now.

Update: I can face with the same issue some times still, but enable “Flight mode” and disable after 10 seconds rever internet back.

With my Telenor (SE) subscription, which works for me on Xperia 10 II with Sailfish 4.4.0.68, I use
APN: internet.Telenor.se
Protocol: Dual
Authentication: None

Can you try that?

Thanks for the suggestion and your report - these are default settings and I thought they could be wrong (since on Android devices I see another APN). I have retried it now, when I try to connect to the internet I see “Error connecting to network service”. Forgot to mention - it’s only data that doesn’t work, SMS, for example, works fine.

For me its even worse. Yestarday i decided to reflash. Did as before, but unfortunately, after first reboot, could not reach mobile data anymore. So i tried once again and the same story. On first boot (fresh flash) works till first reboot, then im getting error and nothing helps. Im annoyed, just going to throw away useless phone with only wifi. Maybe someday Jolla will comeback with some solutions or fixes, then let me know…

Hey there, im facing the same problem, zendesk could not provide any good solution,it started a few months of use an xa2 dualsim, both sims working properly in 0.58 build, suddenly out if the blue i got a non functional simcard slot, switching the cards made no difference.When testing both sims in anither phone, using internet,calling, fet called, sms same way and then placed them back in sfos phone made it work again even after update to 0.68 the bug remains though after a reboot.