Unable to install fastboot driver in Windows 10 v2004

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID:
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Xperia 10 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: EN
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

In devices manger, I have installed the driver successfully but in device tree it still show “Android?” I have try fastboot devices and it cant find my 10 plus device. I have tried to install the driver in Windows 10 v19xx, the problem is gone

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

2 Likes

As annoying as this bug can be, Jolla has planned to migrate TJC content to this new forum by the end of the year, so I don’t think we should duplicate our content manually.

1 Like

And you think the OP wants to wait until the end of the year for a solution coming soon™?
There is absolutely no date given when this may be done (best: before starting the new forum!)

In principle you are right. But I do understand every single poster here to start a new thread for an old -on TJC- not solved problem.

2 Likes

I had the same Problem on a Win 10 machine and could not get the driver runnig.
The resolution for me was to try it on an older Win 7 computer - there it worked.
Installing Sailfish was a kind of computer-hopping for me, because my main system (pclinuxos) had no fastboot driver, my laptop with manjaro aborted the installation with different error messages and the same happened on a xubuntu 18.04 laptop.
So installation was ok, but finding a computer wher everything worked, was not easy.
So my advice for you is: try it on a different computer (maybe you find a Win 7 installation anywhere?).

1 Like

And you think the OP wants to wait until the end of the year for a solution coming soon™?

You know that it won’t change anything.
It’s tracked by Jolla, there is not much more we can do, except helping them with the fix.

The problem is not Windows 10, but Windows 10 since version 2004 (as described in the first post).
Up to version 1909 I couldn’t find any problems with the fastboot driver.
It is therefore sufficient to use a device on which the “May 2020 update” has not yet been installed.

1 Like

Update your Windows computer to version 20H2 followed by the cumulative update from Dec 2020.

This makes it possible to install the fastboot driver successfully, again.

3 Likes

I will give it a try and report back. Thank you for checking in.

For those still in Win10 2005/20H1 (and maybe duplicating content from TJC), I was able to flash SailfishX to a Sony XA2 by connecting it in Fastboot mode to a USB2 port and then using Zadig to inject the WinUSB generic driver into the “Android” device (Zadig detects it automatically if it’s the only device that is lacking a driver on the computer at that moment)