Unable to Delete Notification

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Unknown

DESCRIPTION:

I attempted to create a OneDrive Account to access some files. The account requested that I login with the normal credentials and this all seemed to go fine. Once the account had apparently been successfully created I exited the Accounts tab of the settings app.

I then got a notification “Account needs to be updated <account_name>” where <account_name> is the name of my OneDrive Account. Clicking on this notification took me to the accounts tab of my settings app where I was asked to login again (which I did). I then exited the settings app and all seemed to be well.

However the notification is still there - it has not disappeared (as it should so if all is apparently well with the accounts) and there is no way to clear or delete it (i.e. you cannot select it and delete it and it does not disappear if you clear all notifications.

I then deleted the OneDrive account from the phone, but the notification is still there and cannot be deleted.

I recreated the Onedrive account, but still the notification remains.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Create a OneDrive account
  2. Enter login credentials, etc
  3. Exit Settings App
  4. Notification appears
  5. Go back into settings/accounts and re-login (apparently successfully)

EXPECTED RESULT:

Notification disappears and/or you are able to clear or delete it

ACTUAL RESULT:

There is no way to remove the notification.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Same problem with a notification about my One Drive account here on my Experia XA2.

On my Experia 10 the notification I cannot delete is about the available update to 4.0.1.48 which has been done.

Same on XA2+ with a browser twitter message on 4.0

1 Like