Unable to add my hotmail account on the email client using Microsoft Exchange

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): Every time
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Sony Xperia 10 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: Sailfis OS 3.4
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No

DESCRIPTION: I am unable to add my Hotmail account within Accounts via the Microsoft Exchange option. Keeps failing to setup. I have also searched for the correct details and tried various options and even contacted Microsoft Support but after some attempts they suggested I contact the owner of the email client.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Settings
  2. Accounts
  3. Add account
  4. Microsoft Exchange
  5. Add my email address
  6. Add my password (tried both my normal email password and also with an app password)
  7. Domain - @hotmail.com
  8. Address - outlook.office365.com
  9. Port - 993
  10. Secure connection (SSL)

EXPECTED RESULT:

Email setup successfully.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Keeps failing to connect

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

My hotmail works on XA2 with exchange using device password, address m.hotmail.com and port 443.

So I tried again and something different based on your feedback, thanks.

I used m.hotmail.com in both the:
Domain and Address fields and now it works!

When you look at how it should be setup generally and what Microsoft says its not the same.

Many Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome. I’ve used these settings for years as I’m still using my original Jolla 1 as primary phone. I copied settings to my XA2 from it. Haven’t checked what Microsoft instructions are now days.

Update on adding a Hotmail account in 4.5.n.n in 2023:

If you have to add a Hotmail account manually, then add the Exchange account with these server settings:-

Domain: <blank>

Address: eas.outlook.com

Port: 443

Secure connection: (SSL): enabled

[
In order to get my Hotmail account working, I had to export my old phone settings and then import them into my new phone, then log in to update the settings - these are the server settings after doing that
]